Nindo Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nindo Beginning

Every shinobi has it's path set out for them. What path that may be only the gods will know. Set out to find your path in this crazy shinobi world

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello Everyone! Letting you all know that we have a skype chat available for Nindo members. PM an admin if you wish to be added.

A starry night's sky

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lolk

Lolk

A starry night's sky - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 3:19 am

Sylvan smiles at Sena, generally happy. She was winning at cards, she was in a tree, and the beautiful night sky was overhead. In other words, the sort of evening she only dreamed of. The foliage in the forest proper was usually too dense, and besides, she had to be home to help Yusuri out with dinner. She had been given a reprieve this time though, which was the reason she was out so late. As such, it was quite rare for her to enjoy these little evenings out, especially this late. She had never shared them with a friend though, as she was doing with Sena. It was a nice experience, one she wondered if she should've done long ago. It was certainly worth thinking about, considering the dangerous life her family lead as spies for Konoha. Sylvan ought to spend some time with them while she still could. 'Now is not the time for such dreary thoughts. Enjoy your card game.'
Sylvan nods to herself, then takes another glance at the night sky. Thus far, she felt the evening could be called a success, regardless of the outcome of the card game. Perhaps this was what The Dark Thing had been referring too.
She looks back upon hearing Sena's question. "hmm? No, no I do not. Too much noise, too many people. It is... quite terrifying." she says, shivering briefly at the thought of it. She hated grocery day.
As to the second question... "Well, I'm not really living on my own. Yusuri is there as well. But we don;t talk much, so I suppose it could be considered alone. Hmmm... It's nice. I read, or trace a hand along maps, charting courses through the world. We tend to go out to our respective training spots at the same time, but the house is bug enough to accommodate the two of us. Cooking is fun. Our kitchen is big enough we can both cook at the same time, so it is good practice for my telepathy."
{335 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 4:21 am

"Telepathy?" Seresana repeated as she suddenly looked up from her still face up seven of spades card that was resting on her lap still. "Does that mean you can read what I think?" Seresana asked to follow up the inquiry as she awaited the answer. Out of curiosity's sake, she did all she could at the moment to try and keep her mind clear as she suddenly feared that her mind was being read that very second. Sure, she didn't have anything to truly hide from Sylvan but for some instinctual level of reaction, Seresana wanted to safeguard the contents of her mind, to keep them from being read as easily as one might pick up a book and glance through the pages of a book. Actually, Seresana wasn't even sure if that was how Sylvan's telepathy might work. She didn't know if Sylvan could just read her thoughts with nothing more than a simple notion, or if Seresana herself would have had to agree to allowing Sylvan to enter her mind so the two might share this vocal less conversation, or if Seresana could even actually talk back. Was it one way communication to where Sylvan could only read her thoughts, or could Seresana actually hear Sylvan's words? These were only a few of the many questions that were steadily filling her mind that Seresana was all but failing to actually keep clear like she'd desired to at first. Ultimately though, Seresana would have to wait for Sylvan to possibly tell the secrets of this ability if she so desired to.

But then the sudden notion that this could be something of a secret for Sylvan's clan, she decided to also offer up an alternate line of discussion. "Oh, but you don't have to explain if you're not supposed to. We can talk about something else, like do you like to go swimming?"

Word Count: 313
Total: 9816
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 12:24 am

Sylvan nods. "Telepathy. More of a mental conversation than mind reading though. We can try it if you like. I have to get permission form the other person before activating it. Fear not for the privacy of your thoughts." Sylvan says, trying to be comforting. "The ability to read minds without permission is a more advanced technique. I haven't learned it yet." This was, in fact, the truth. Sylvan certainly had the potential to learn to read minds, but telepathy and Mind Body Swap were the limits of her abilities at the moment.
She hoped she wasn't freaking Sena out. Apparently the ability to manipulate the bodies of others like a puppet was viewed as something to fear, more so then a Kunai to the neck. Sylvan didn't really understand why, but she was smart enough to understand that it was a source of fear. She supposed the mind reading might be feared do to the tactical advantage it carried, both in one on one and in team fights. The concept of mental privacy didn't really occur to her, due to the fact she invaded her own mental privacy. she couldn't really hide any of her thoughts form herself, save for the ones regarding the reality of her mind, and its unity. These thoughts she was able to hide form herself, but not the others. Not her doubts about her ability to interact, her feelings for Sena.... these she nitpicked and teased herself over constantly. It was for this reason everything she said tended to come out clipped, as it had first been through numerous edits and revisions. She believed this was the better option. After all, it meant she thought about what she said before she said it, unlike some people. she wasn't doing it as much with Sena, but it was still there, in places.
{307 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 am

Seresana listened to the explanation of Sylvan's rather surprising ability to communicate just with one's mind. While it was incredibly interesting and rather intriguing, there were still some things that she just wasn't ready for Sylvan to know about her quite yet, and so she was all to happy to hear that Sylvan couldn't yet read minds without the other person's consent just yet. Though she was careful to make sure her expression didn't give away her relief towards keeping at least some of her thoughts private.

"Well, I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to learn that skill," Seresana said when Sylvan was finished with her explanation. "I like being able to have a few private thoughts personally," she added before letting out a sigh and glancing towards the sky again. "So, are we going to continue our game?" Seresana asked then as she held up the seven to show Sylvan her card and make sure she wouldn't miss it. "Also, you didn't say whether you liked to go swimming or not," Seresana went on as she awaited Sylvan to reveal the next card out of her deck.

Word Count: 192
Total: 10008
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Though she would no longer admit so out loud, Sylvan dearly wanted to learn the mind reading jutsu. She desperately wanted to peek into the minds of everyone around her and draw out their secrets to better understand them. The fact that this would probably illegal in some form or fashion had not yet occurred to her. Whether or not it would disturb her overmuch would pend wholly on how much others interacted with her. She had a practical reason for desiring it. If she could quite literally observe people's minds as they thought, then she would hopefully be able to understand how normal people went through their day without constantly being afraid of someone setting them on fire. Sylvan always had issues with that, yet few others seemed to share it.
For some reason, Sena believed Sylvan shouldn't learn it. 'Why is that? does she not want us to improve?' 'No, she just has secrets she doesn't want us to know about.' 'Secrets? Like what?' 'I don't know. That's why they're secrets.' 'So why won't she tell us?' 'As good as you're getting along with her, you two have only met. Either learn how to read her mind or earn her trust. Or both. Both would probably work better, in all honesty. I'd go with both.'
Sylvan flips over her card. Also a seven. "War it is." she says softly. "I enjoy swimming. Not right now, obviously, but I'd be up for it at a later date."
{247 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Seresana nodded as Sylvan pulled up a seven of her own and announced that a war was to commence between them and using their respective cards. Seresana got her cards out then laying the three face down cards on her lap before glancing towards Sylvan and waiting for her to do the same. "Well, of course I don't mean right now silly, we've got our card game and it's night out right now. Hardly the time to go swimming unless you're in stagnant water and there aren't any ponds that close to my house. There is a stream, but the current can be dangerous at night, so it's not really suitable for a night time dip, but we could certainly go swimming some other time," Seresana went on before she flipped up her first card, a three, leaving her grimacing as she mentally prepared to lose yet another war.

Word Count: 150
Total: 10158
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Sylvan quickly copies Sena's actions, laying out three cards, each one face down. She pauses once they are laid out, taking a moment to look up at the stars again. She was content. It was a rare feeling for her, but at the moment it was understandable. She was in a tree, playing a game she had rigged, looking up at the stars, and all of this in the company of someone she was warming up to. All in all, one of the better evenings she'd had in her life. Sena was mentioning something about her being silly. 'You are silly. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. She might like that, and you are adorable.' 'Don't call me adorable.' 'But you are! Why do you deny your destiny?' 'What destiny? to be adorable? What kind of destiny is that?' 'One I will find hilarious.' 'Hahaha. What's your destiny then?' 'To sing and grow mighty of course.' 'Can I have the "grow mighty" part too?' 'Maybe if you're good.' 'Hmph.'
Sylvan flips over a four. She doesn't smile smugly, nope, not at all. Her expression was perfectly neutral. Even so, Seresana would be able to practically feel her smugness.
the next card flipped over was a Jack of Spades. Sylvan looks over, curious to see if Sena would be able to beat it.
{220 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:32 pm

Seresana wasn't feeling much of anything at the moment as she lost yet another war, though she did look confused when Sylvan flipped over her next card. "Yawn, Why are you doing that Sylvan? You already won the war," Seresana replied after her yawn. She collected up the cards, the other two face down ones being a 10 and a 6 and passed them over towards Sylvan almost lazily. As she waited for Sylvan to get her discard deck back in order after acquiring eight new cards, Seresana closed her eyes to her surroundings. She could hear the wind in the night as it cut it's way through the skies, the trees, and the grass around them. The sounds of crickets and other small bugs buzzing or making other noise provided additional sound to add variety to the wind. Somewhere distant she knew the stream was still rushing by and she could mentally hear the rushing water as it splashed over cool, dark, and smooth stones. A break in the normal tranquil sounds was caused by an owl, it's hooting only being joined by the assault of other nighttime noise that served to caress Seresana's ears as she sat next to her new good friend Sylvan. Her warm friend Sylvan, who was sitting right next to her. Who was doing a wonderful job at offering a reprieve from the cool winds as they blew lightly through the darkened air.

Seresana didn't even really notice herself doing it, far too distracted by the night and not quite thinking all too clearly with drowsiness creeping in on her mind, but she started to lean on Sylvan a little bit. It wasn't much at first but as she did, her sleep addled mind only truly registered that there was something soft and warm next to her, not who it actually was, and so she began to lean over a bit more, and a bit more, and then her head was drooping slowly downward as her shut eyes became less tense and her mind continued to forget what she was doing, where she was, or who she was with. As comfort and sleep continued to work against her, Seresana brought one of her arms up and wrapped it around the one of Sylvan's she was leaning against before twisting her head from side to side as she struggled for that bit of extra comfort from the other girl. Just as sleep was about to take her, Seresana's almost unconscious mind made it's own fatal mistake, trying to shift the girls legs up onto the tree branch. The action caused a momentary loss of balance, and that half second of semi-weightlessness proved more than enough to snap the girl back to the darkened waking world, in the form of her suddenly tightening her grip on Sylvan's arm, hugging it to her form as she clung onto it to keep from falling.

Seresana let out a sigh then before realizing who she was clutching so and for a moment, she was glad it was so dark out so that Sylvan couldn't see her blush of embarrassment. "Hey umm Syl, it's getting kind of late and I'm getting pretty sleepy. I'm probably going to go to bed now, but if you wanted to come along, I'm sure there's enough room. Please?" She asked, her head remaining down until the very end where upon she looked right up at Sylvan while awaiting the answer.

Word Count: 575
Total: 10733
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 11:29 am

Sylvan looks down. "Oh, right. I had forgotten." She was still a little shaky on the rules of this game, having just learned it after all. Sylvan quickly began assimilating the new cards into her discard pile. Given that she had won two wars thus far, Sylvan was tentatively assuming that she was winning.  The night was nice tonight. Sylvan wondered if Sena would be willing to do this again sometime. She seemed to be content, enjoying the night air as much as Sylvan was. Although, the manner in which she was leaning was a bit worrying. Well, not so much worrying, as confusing. She was quite clearly sleepy, and for some reason Sylvan was now uncomfortable. 'Neither of us is used to physical contact, you least of all. The only reason you aren't panicking is probably because it is only one person, and you trust her.' However, the fact that Sena was getting tired was definitely concerning. They were very high up in a tree after all, and Sylvan was beginning to worry Sena would lose her balance. These worries were confirmed as Sena suddenly latched onto her arm to avoid falling. She had been drifting off and leaning against Sylvan for some time. The half awake shift in position had simply been the final mistake.
Sylvan hauled Sena back up onto firmer footing, feeling a strange fear she hadn't felt before. 'this is fearing for another person, isn't it?' 'Mhmm. Not fun, is it?' Sylvan had very good night eyes, and by the light of the stars she was barely able to make out the blush on Sena's face. Only one of them understood its significance, but that one was highly amused. Sylvan was also blushing, though she had not realized it yet. By the time she did, it would've faded barring. That is, until she heard Sena's request. 'What do I do?! I don;t understand!' 'What to do, or why this is such a big deal?' 'Both!' The second one I'm not telling. The first however... Accept. It's quite a long walk back to our house, after all.' 'Fine. But this better not be a prank.' 'I would never do such a thing in this situation.'
Sylvan nods slowly, clearly a bit confused. "A-Alright Sena. Um, are you awake enough to get us down the same way we got up?"
{403 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Seresana smiled up sweetly as Sylvan agreed to stay the night with her, and she freshly hugged the arm she was already clutching. "Mhmm, yeah I can get us down," Seresana then said before passing the rest of her cards over to Sylvan and then sleepily reaching up to retrieve the lantern that was quickly extinguished and hung from her wrist. Seresana then stood up and waited for Sylvan to stand as well before once again hugging her tightly. Literally behind Sylvan's back, Seresana made the hand signs needed for the levitation jutsu and when she felt the winds start to blow steadily enough to support them both, she pushed off the branch to give them some extra starting momentum, however this time, they didn't descend. No, instead the two little girls were currently just floating through the air and steadily flying towards Seresana's house.

Even in her sleepy state, Seresana was still readily enjoying herself as she slowly flew through the air with Sylvan. It was a cool and nice night that was already a great joy to just be in, but if she were along at the moment the sudden onset of winds from the levitation jutsu would have made her too cold. Luckily, she had Sylvan with her at the moment, someone warm that she was all but cuddling and that readily fought off the coldness from the winds that threatened her comfort. After a little bit though, the two of them would settle back down gently on the roof just outside of Seresana's room and able to look in through the open window. "There we go Syl," Seresana said once they'd landed and she began to climb in through the window. Back inside, Seresana sleepily made her way over to her dresser and retrieved from it a larger shirt that was soon laid down on the edge of her desk. Then Seresana began to undo the cloth ties that usually bound her clothing while turning back towards Sylvan. "Do you want a night shirt to sleep in?" she asked while setting the cloth ties back into the second drawer from the top on the left side of her desk.

Word Count: 364
Total: 11097
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Sylvan continued to blush as Sena held onto her arm. She was totally unaccustomed to physical affection form anyone other than her parents. She trusted Sena yes, but they had still just met. Still, Sena was her only way safely out of the tree, so they would have to initiate physical contact regardless. This seemed different somehow, though. 'It is different.' 'You're going to say-''I'll tell you when you're older.' 'AAAARRRRRGH!' 'Hee heee hee.... ' 'Hate you.' 'You love me and you know it!' 'Grrrrr...' Sylvan took the cards from Sena and stowed them in her coat. She was careful to stow them properly, so that they could continue again if they so chose. She hoped so, she was quite interested in how the game would end. Once that task is done, she rises to her feet, balancing carefully on the branch. she was mindful of how Sena had nearly fallen moments prior, and did not wish to test the mettle of her luck without need. After all, luck was quite opposed to being tested. It had a tendency to, when relied on too often, whack you in the face with the club of misfortune. While Sylvan had not had any severe encounters with the club as of yet, she knew it was there, waiting for her. It would lurk about, striking when she needed he rluck the most. That was how these things worked, after all.
Sena hugged her again, prompting more embarrassed blushing only half of Sylvan understood the meaning behind. Then she began making hand seals. Sylvan remembered them, form when she had first cast performed the technique. Instead of slowly descending to the ground as Sylvan had expected though, they instead floated through the air towards Sena's house. This left Sylvan awkwardly latched onto the shorter girl for an extended period of time. "S-Sena... Are you sure ..?" she asks, slightly worried. She would breathe a sigh of relief when they landed. She then followed Sylvan inside.
Sylvan shakes her head with regards to Sena's offer. "I don't normally, no. Do you have some furniture I could lay on?" That being said, she did pull off her hoodie. Underneath was her green shirt, the faded grey symbol of her clan underneath.
{374 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 pm

"Oh, well that's alright," Seresana stated as she slipped out of her own shirt with only a small white bra beneath, and then slid on the much larger night shirt that hung long on her small frame. The end of the shirt reached all the way to the her mid thigh, and then she brought her hands up under the bottom of the shirt and slipped out of her pants. Unlike with the cloth ties, both the shirt and pants were then picked up and she started carrying them over to the clothe's hamper standing in the far corner of the room while she called back to finish off the remainder of the statement. "And of course I've got something Syl," Seresana stated with a point over at the large bed that stood fairly close to her window. The large, thick mattress that rested on a hand carved bed frame with a fluffy looking blanket and a couple pillows resting near the top of it. "The bed's more than big enough for the both of us and it's a lot more comfortable than anything that we could get for you in the house or set out for you," Seresana added as she deposited the clothes into the hamper.

With what she'd worn for the day stored away to be washed later, Seresana wandered back over to the bed and pulled back the blanket. Then she climbed in first, crawling her way over to the side that was against the wall before laying down and working her feet underneath the cover. Then she rolled over and motioned for Sylvan to join her on the bed and lay down in the open space next to her. Sylvan would even have her own pillow, though she would have to share the cover with Seresana. "Oh, and can you get the light when you come over Syl?" Seresana asked with a point to the cord that dangled from the ceiling light. She didn't however make any mention for Sylvan to get the window which for now continued to remain open and let in the night air.

Word Count: 353
Total: 11450
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:27 am

Sylvan avoided looking at Sena while she got changed. The Dark Thing had suggested it, and apparently it was one of those things it'd explain to her later in life. She hoped it'd explain, anyways; withholding information made little sense. It was her belief she should know everything if at all possible. she was aware this was likely an impossible goal. She did not care, however. It was important to have goals in life and she was becoming aware she needed one other than "survive". Such a goal was important, but could not be the sum total of one's life. Given that thus far it had been her only motivation, she felt she needed something more. She wasn't entirely sure though. True, she voted with herself on this, but it still seemed oddly out of place. Perhaps it because there was only one of her, and she was lying to herself. Now was not the time for these thoughts though. Plenty of time to contemplate the futility of her illusion while she dreamt. That was the proper way to go about things, after all. Get tortured by night terrors, wake up the next morning bright and bushy tailed. Metaphorically speaking of course, Sylvan did not have a tail to the bests of her knowledge, and she doubted it would be bushy if she did.
It was at this point she heard Sena suggest they share a bed. 'Sister...?' '*snicker* Yeah Sis?' 'I feel weird...' 'That's actually the appropriate response in this situation. I suggest you take her up on the offer. Her bed looks nicer than ours.' 'But I'd be sharing a bed with her!' 'And?' 'that... um... It seems weird!' 'I'll tell you when you're older. now hop in the bed.' 'Fine!'
Sylvan, blushing quite vividly now, walks over towards the bed, stopping to turn off the lights before slipping under the covers next to Sena. She approved of the window being left open, it helped keep her face cool despite the blush that was still present. "Goodnight Sena." she says, turning over and trying to get to sleep.
{348 words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:44 am

When Sylvan climbed into the bed next too her, Seresana pulled the blanket up on both of them before snuggling down under the covers just a little bit more. Then she went and hooked her arms under the pillow, being bent at the elbow to hold it securely under her head and offer just a bit of extra support. Now at the epitome of comfort for herself, Seresana let the rest of her body adjust to how the upper half already was, by basically rolling over to where she was laying on her stomach though her head was still facing Sylvan and smiling gently at the back of the other girl's head. "Good night Syl, sweet dreams," Seresana said before slowly shutting her own eyes and trying to go to sleep as well. She was sure there would be sweet dreams for her tonight what with all the fun and excitement she'd had tody. Seresana'd managed to not only make a new friend, but play some games with her and got her to spend the night, just like best friends did. And then in the morning, they'd wake up together and have some delicious breakfast, maybe even play another game or something before going about their respective duties and obligations for the following day. Those however Seresana wasn't truly wanting to think about at the moment for they'd just keep her up longer and that would make her more tired when she tried to act tomorrow, undermining her efforts.

Word Count: 250
Total: 11700
End of thread on my part
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:48 pm

End of Thread
Total Word Count: 11,498
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   A starry night's sky - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A starry night's sky
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nindo Beginning :: Shinobi World :: Fire Country :: Konoha-
Jump to: