Nindo Beginning

Every shinobi has it's path set out for them. What path that may be only the gods will know. Set out to find your path in this crazy shinobi world

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello Everyone! Letting you all know that we have a skype chat available for Nindo members. PM an admin if you wish to be added.

Share | 

A starry night's sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:11 pm

Sylvan watch was Sena went through the various card games she knew. Sylvan, for her part, was doing an admirable job on not letting the blush spread across her face. "I suggested cards... Not actually knowing how to play a card game... stupid stupid stupid stupid..." "Hey hey hey! Come on Sis, it's okay. She'll probably enjoy teaching you, and then you'll know how to play a card game!" "But I could've suggested a board game now, and asked if she could teach me later!" "Alright, you have me there. But look, I bet you two will have fun anyways, don't worry. " "Why would you say that?! Now I'm going worry!" "Sis, you are hopeless. Just relax and stop worrying. Go have fun with Sena. Don't freak out unless there's something to actually freak out over." "How is this not something to freak out over?" "I give up...."

Sylvan listens attentively as Sena explains the rules. 'The game is mostly about luck, apparently, but she could be lying to beat me as some form of teaching method. However, I do not wish to lose.'
She moves her deck beside her, and flips over the card when Sena calls it. 9 of Hearts.
{201 words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 pm

"Ah, see your card's higher you win that round," Sena said as she scooted the cards over towards Sylvan. "And you get those cards. When one of us runs out of cards in our deck, we take the cards we've already won, shuffle them, and then play with them. Then we just keep going like that until one person is entirely out of cards. I guess this game can go on for a while, but it can also end pretty quickly if one of us got a lot of the high cards," Seresana went on as she moved one hand back to the top of her deck of cards and gently placed a couple fingers on it.

"Alright, let's get the next round going," Seresana went on. "Ready? Three... Two... One!" Seresana counted down before flipping over the next card only to reveal a three of spades. She winced lightly at the second lower end card in a row to be pulled from her deck, it didn't bode well for her in at least the short run of things. Still, she was happy to finally be playing something with Sylvan even if it was just a pretty simple card game.

Word Count: 200
Total: 6466
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Sylvan nods as she takes the cards from Sena and sets them to the side. The game was truly not that complex, and now that they had gone through a round things seemed to be running smoothly. Sena's point about the game's length was well taken, and it did leave Sylvan to wonder why this was holding her attention so well. It was based purely on luck, yet she was enjoying herself, and even feeling slightly competitive. "I'm glad you're having fun Sis." "Yeah, thanks for helping me out." "No problem. Have fun." [i]"I will. Thank you sister." Despite being the more whimsical one, The Girl was always quite formal. On the flip side, the cynical Dark Thing tended to shorten it to 'sis.' Neither was sure why, but they liked to pretend they were sisters.

Sylvan smiles, placing a hand on her check and getting a grip on the card with her fingers. On Sena's signal, she flips open the card, glancing between it and Sena's. 3 of Hearts. So a tie, as far as she could tell. That had not been covered yet. "What do we do here Sena? You haven't mentioned how ties work." Sylvan says, uncertainly, as she looks up to Sena.
{206 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Seresana's eyes widened a little as the matching cards came up and sat next to each other. "Oh, this is where the game really earns it's name, as this situation is called a war. Alright, so now we'll place the next three cards from our decks, face down and without looking at them, next to our respective card like so," Seresana explained before demonstrating. Carefully sliding one card off the top of her deck without flipping it up or tilting it at all and then proceeding to place it face down and next to her three of spades. Then she repeated the procedure with two more cards until four of Seresana's cards sat in a row next to her three of spades. "And then we flip the first card over and see if one or the other is higher or if we have another tie," Seresana went on before waiting for Sylvan to get her own cards set up.

When she was ready, Seresana moved her hand back to the first card she'd placed face down and gripped a corner of it in preparation. "On three again. One... Two.... Three!" Seresana called out before flipping the first of her face down cards over to reveal a jack of diamonds. She had to grin at the first actually higher end card she'd gotten this game and to get it on a 'war' was even more lucky.

Word Count: 235
Total: 6701
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Sylvan does as Sena asks, taking the next four cards and placing them carefully upside down. This game was a good way to pass the time. She was considering getting a deck of cards to play with Yusuri. They did have down time, after all. They could play while they ate. Still, she would have to acquire a deck of cards and convince Yusuri first. Yusuri didn't striker her as the sort to spend time playing games, which was a bit of a shame. One couldn't spend all their time training, they would just sort of burn out. That was what some of the more experienced shinobi said at least, and Sylvan was inclined to believe they were right. That was why they were experienced shinobi and not skeletons in shallow graves, after all.
Seeing that Sena also had her cards ready, Sylvan hooks her thumb under a corner of the card and flips it over on Sena's go. Ace of Spades. Sylvan wasn't sure if she was winning or not. It was a little hard to tell with this game. she was enjoying herself though. "So I win this round? Or do we move on to the next two cards? "
{202 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:27 pm

Seresana nodded and then shook her head. "No we don't flip over the other two cards, or well, you can to see what you won, but you've already won all eight cards there," Seresana explained as she flipped over the other two face down cards she still had sitting nearby. The first was a ten of hearts and then the next card was a 5 of hearts. "Well that's nothing too bad for the losses. A jack hurts but it isn't the end of everything and I can still come back later. Plus now that's one ace spent," Seresana thought to herself as she collected up her four face up cards and passed them over to Sylvan to add to her ever growing pile of cards.

As Seresana reaches for the next card, a new thought enter's her mind and she pursue's it while getting ready to flip the next card. "So Syl, you're part of the Yamanaka clan, right? What was it like growing up with a full clan around? Did you have any brothers or sisters? And are they older or younger?" Seresana asked genuinely curiously before flipping over her next card to reveal a six of diamonds.

Word Count: 200
Total: 6901
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 am

Sylvan hmms as Sena explains how they proceed from there. She doesn't flip over her remaining cards, instead taking her spoils and moving them into the appropriate place. If they were playing for some sort of prize, she might've done differently. But as they were just playing for fun, she felt no need to count cards. She had one of Sena's jacks, which was good. However, she'd used an ace, which could mean she had no more.
Sylvan looks up, surprised, as Sena asks about her family life. "To answer you third question, I was an only child but there were other families in the clan compound. I didn't always interact with them though..." she says, her face and expression becoming noticeably less cheerful and socially awkward than it was a moment ago. Now it is more bitter, and hurt. "They .. weren't always kind to me. I, um.... I didn't know how to deal with them, and they didn't really understand me.  Mum and Dad were always nice though."
She flips over the Three of Hearts, and sighs. "Your round, I believe. Few is lower than a Three, as far as I know." The Sylvan Sena had previously been talking to seems to have changed, her good mood soured.
{209 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Sena nodded as she scooted the cards over her way, quietly and with a strained expression. It'd seemed her inquiry had brought up some not so good memories, that is if Sylvan's reaction was anything to go by. "Dang, why are there so many unhappy or depressed kids at the academy?" Seresana had to mentally ask herself as she tried to think about what she could do to remedy the situation. Obviously asking about the family was a bad choice as that'd caused the shift in the first place, and that likely meant pets, past friends, and a large portion of other early memories were more or less off the table as well. She could ask about what kinds of books Sylvan liked to read, but figured that one could be a miss as well and she didn't want to take the chance of souring Sylvan's mood any more than she'd already accidentally done. But then one line of inquiry did surface in her mind and she was almost positive it could serve some of the purpose of lightening the mood.

Luckily this mental debate was just that, a mental debate and as such, it didn't last that long. In fact, Seresana had taken the time for the debate in the same time that she spent reaching for the next card of her deck. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Syl... Well you've got me as a friend now, and I'm not that hard to understand, so that means all I've got to do is understand you, and to me that sounds like something that'll happen if we hang out and play together more. I can even start now," Seresana claimed with a reassuring smile as her hand left the top of her deck and found a new spot atop Sylvan's hand. "Like that tree I found you in this afternoon. Is it a special tree, or do you just like being in the forest?" Seresana asked curiously as she looked up into Sylvan's eyes, full of hope for an answer.

Word Count: 342
Total: 7243
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Sylvan pretends to not notice Sena's strained expression. It wasn't hard to spot, she had allowed herself to become depressed. The harassment was a painful memory, but a fairly isolated incident. She wasn't really sure why it got to her so much, but whenever it was brought up shew couldn't help but become sad. Or perhaps, disappointed. they had not even tried to understand her, merely yelled and jeered until she got bored and went to read a new book. They laughed at her as she left. She wasn't sure why, but some part of her told her she should be upset about it. "It's called Pride Sis. We have considerably more than we realize." "Pride? I don't understand..." "I'll explain later, now pay attention to Seresana, she's talking."

Sylvan seems to brighten significantly as Sena refers to them as friends, even smiling a bit. Her outward mood continues improving as the conversation moves farther and farther away form anything that could bring up that incident. "That tree is one of three trees that are abnormally special to me. It's good for watching the village, the forest, and things crossing between them. It has lots of branches to sit in as well, and a space between the leaves where you can watch the stars." sylvan smiles wistfully, picturing it in her head. She slightly wishes she were still in the tree, with Sena of course. It was nice in the tree.
{241}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Seresana was so glad to see Sylvan's smile return that she visibly relaxed, even going so far as to let out a little sigh of relief as she leaned back a bit, her hand once again leaving Sylvan's. Seresana listened aptly to Sylvan's explanation of the tree and it's uses to her, and the fact that there were more trees like it brought a thought to her. One that was compounded as she looked to the window in her room and towards the night sky outside. The sky was fairly clear, a large half moon glowed in the sky and numerous stars twinkled in the sky above. "Hey Syl, would you want to go outside and watch the stars? We could bring this game with us after all, I don't think it's too windy for them and we don't need a lot of space to play. We could even sit next to each other and use our laps as a board," Seresana said as she stood up and wandered over to her window. With a bit of effort, she threw the wood framed glass open and thrust her head outside.

The night was still cool but not quite cold, and wouldn't be bad so long as they were near each other. The stars were out brightly though and while there was the occasional cloud that hid them, those barriers were fleeting and on the move so what stars they obscured were only hidden temporarily. After taking a deep breath of the outside air, Seresana leaned back in and looked over towards Sylvan. "Yeah, why don't we take this game outside, and maybe to one of your trees?" Seresana asked while continuing to move about. With a little spring in her step about moving the game to a new location, she sprung over to her bedside stand and after pulling open one of the drawers, she withdrew a small lantern. "We can hang this on a branch to see the cards by, and it's dim enough that it won't mess with our view of the stars," Seresana added, obviously already excited by the prospects of playing cards under the starry sky.

Word Count: 360
Total: 7603
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:37 am

Sylvan makes a small noise that was probably a gasp. "y-You... We could? Please" she says, hopefully. Apparently that was a really big deal to her, though the way she went on about the trees was probably a good hint. She looked out Sena's window longingly at the stars. "That would be wonderful. Thank you Sena." she says. She was turned away from Sena, so the shorter girl probably couldn't see that Sylvan was slightly misty-eyed. Her voice certainly sounded happy, but it didn't have the hitch in it that would give Sylvan away. "I'll gather up our cards." she says. this time though, if Sena was paying attention, her voice wasn't all gratitude and hopeful disbelief. There was also an edge of cunning to it, of a trickster. But surely Sylvan wouldn't try to cheat after having just met Sena, right? Right? that would be rude, and Sylvan had seemed very polite and slightly naive thus far.
"Hehehehehehe... I will win this game!" "Uh, Sis, it could be considered poor form to cheat if you get caught..." "It is also considered poor form to lose! I will be victorious in this contest!" "Sis...." "Enough! I will not lose!"
Sylvan is, surprisingly enough, able to suppress the mad cackling welling up within her as she plots against Sena. She merely needed to take one of Sena's Aces, assuming she had any. It was the perfect plan, nothing could go wrong..... She hoped.

Sylvan steps out into the cool night air after Sena, taking a happy breathe of it. She grins up at the stars, in a way that just barely manages not to be a creepy level of fascination. "They look lovely tonight. the stars, that is, though the trees are also lovely." In truth, The Dark Thing was the one that truly held a love of the night sky, but that didn't mean the Girl wasn't entranced by it either. She just didn't have an obsession with it like her Sister did. that being said, she always tried to indulge her elder sister whenever they were out at night, since she put up with them tromping through the forests instead of finding some underground catacombs to live in. this choice of living space often confused The Girl though, since the open sky was rather hard to find deep underground. Perhaps that was why The Dark Thing indulged her sister's love of the forest so much. Well, that, and they didn't quite feel up to spelunking underground catacombs just yet. Those usually had traps after all. also, their mother had specifically told them that if they ever disturbed the tomes of the ancestors again, then they would get serious punishment. They weren't entirely clear on what she would do, but given the level of experience she had in the Yamanaka techniques, they really didn't want to find out. Plus, she was their mother, and her opinion of them matter enormously.
{488 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:15 am

Seresana's back had been to Sylvan in her rush and excitement and so she hadn't seen Sylvan scrounging around and through her deck of cards or really heard the change in her tone. Sylvan wouldn't have to search for long as four cards down was the second ace to be seen, the ace of clubs. She'd have little trouble slipping it into her deck of cards while Seresana was distracted with getting the lantern and making sure it was ready. Seresana then went over to the window and began climbing out first. "Sure thing Syl, it's a nice night out anyways," she added in reply before nodding to Syvan gathering up the playing cards. When she was actually outside, Seresana once more looked up to the sky, though this time she was looking directly up at the star filled sky instead of just a small fragment of it that was visible from a window.

Seresana wasn't given that much time though to stand there and admire the stars for Sylvan was soon climbing out to join her on the roof. Seresana offered her hand to assist before pointing out across the yard and towards one of the trees near the edge of the forest. "There's a big maple tree over that way that should be perfect for sitting in," Seresana said before stepping to the edge of the roof and jumping down onto the grass below. She'd wait until Sylvan joined her and then take to leading Sylvan along the already slightly dew soaked grass and towards the forest that lay beyond it. It didn't take long to reach and only a short ways into the woods, Seresana stopped and placed her hand to a large tree, feeling it's bark and gazing up at it's many limbs. "Ah, this is it, now we just have to get.. up... there...." Seresana's voice trailed off as she looked up at the impressive tree and then back to Sylvan with a concerned frown at the notion that many of the tree's limbs were out of reach. For the tree itself was a truly impressive sight with it's large trunk and blatant age, this tree had no doubt been standing for a good long time, and would likely continue to stand for an even longer time should nothing come to tear it down. Though Seresana's torn down expression only lasted a moment before a thought crossed her mind and the hopeful smile returned to her face. "Syl, it might be risky, but do you trust me?" Seresana asked suddenly while looking up at Sylvan's face.

Word Count: 431
Total: 8034
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 am

Sylvan exchanges the cards, giving herself the ace and Sena a Two. She quickly hides any sign of the deception, and moves up to walk alongside Sena. Her deception had apparently gone unnoticed. Good. "I don't see the point.." "To win, obviously." "No, I mean the point of winning." ".... To win?" "Yeah, but was it worth the risk?" "What risk?" "What do you mean what risk? The risk of Seresana being hurt and mad if she found you!" "Why would she be angry if she caught me?" "Because you're cheating!" "..... And?" "What do you mean, 'and'? People do not take kindly to cheaters! you could've really angered Seresana back there!" "Really? I-I-I ...Why?! Why would she be angry about that!?" "I can't believe I'm having to explain this to you... Look, I'm betting you mostly just wanted to get to know you better. But that being said, she probably wanted a fair game as well." "I still don;t really get it.. But I'll trust you on this one sister." "Thank you Sis."
Having gotten that little mental debate and unsuccessful lesson in morality over, the combined entity of Sylvan catches up to Sena. Making very little noise, she moves through the window and into the cool night air, straightening up to loom over Sena. She didn't need Sena's help getting through the window, what with her own inclination for using the rooftop roads. Still, the gesture was a appreciated. Sena would hear a tiny, barely perceptible gasp from Sylvan as she stood, looking at the vast blanket of stars. There were thousands, unobstructed tonight for most of the streetlights were off or dimmed.
there was a brief moment, where the forest was near and the stars were above, where she was united it. It was extremely brief, but it was there. No worries, no paranoia, just a sea of twinkling lights. the moment passes after a few seconds, but Sylvan seems considerably more mellow, even compared to how she was previously.
Sylvan spots the maple tree Sena refers to. The darkness would hide the slight frown she had. It looked perfect for sitting in, but she wasn't entirely sure they would be able to get up it. Sylvan shrugs, and joins Sena how the grass below. It would be a walk out int he wonderful night at any rate. Sylvan sees Sena looking up the tree, and takes that moment to quickly hug said tree. Once Sena has returned her attention to Sylvan, she ceases the hug and waits for Sena's idea. "I believe so. I would like to know what it is you olan on doing first though."
{438 Words)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 am

Seresana hesitated for a moment there, taking an all too important step to actually weigh the options before her. She could stop and explain what she had in mind, the risks involved with it and the potential for danger the two faced for attempting such a stunt. She could stand there and take into account everything that her new friend might not approve of and everything they did when it came to what she had planned to do, but that would put everything up in the air and potentially for naught. If Sylvan had even a slight disagreement with what Seresana was about to do, she wouldn't be able to bring herself to do it, no matter how much she might want to or how much she thought Sylvan might have enjoyed it, and did she ever have an interesting thought, at least so she thought about it. Where as on the other hand, if Seresana just went ahead with her plan, she could make Sylvan got to experience what she wanted, they would almost undoubtedly be up in the tree in no time, and Seresana was positive they could get back down afterwards, it wouldn't even be hard. They could get as high as they wanted before continuing their card game under the light of the brilliant moon and twinkling stars, it might have even been bright enough to just play by their light instead of the little lantern Seresana had brought and was currently sliding the handle past her hand and onto her wrist to free it up. But there were also the drawbacks to just going on ahead with the plan regardless of Sylvan's concerns, sure she may be too awe struck to care, but there was almost as much chance for her to not be so grateful. Sylvan could get scared, or even mad at her for just going ahead with the ever so slightly dangerous technique just in the pursuit of obtaining a nicer spot to sit. She could also only have a little bit of trust in Seresana too since they'd just met ever so recently. This was even the first time they'd hung out and here was Seresana asking the taller girl to trust her with no explanation even after admitting that it might be risky. But then the thought that Sylvan had replied with 'I believe so' rung out in her head, that despite just recently formally meeting Seresana, Sylvan already had a bit of trust in Seresana and that welled up her hopes and desire to prove that trust wasn't misplaced or fruitless.

"Sorry Syl, but it's a surprise," Seresana said as she took a couple steps closer to Sylvan. Then Seresana reached out and hugged Sylvan tightly around the waist with just her arms before saying, "now hold on tight." Sylvan would be able to feel the surprising amount of strength in the tiny girls arms as they held fast, yet Seresana's hands hadn't locked behind Sylvan, and she'd likely be able to feel Seresana's hands quickly moving, shifting, occasionally separating and then coming back together, almost as if she were making hand signs, though the series was too long for something taught in the academy. "Here we go," Seresana said while smiling brightly up to Sylvan's face as several strong gusts began to whip up around them, tossing and tugging at Seresana's own short hair. A brief moment after the gusts started, Sylvan would feel Seresana begin to move up, almost to the point where she'd have to move her head lest the two collide, and then thanks to the tight grip, which after the last hand sign had been completed was now reinforced by Seresana's clasped hands, Sylvan would be lifted right along with her. Progress was slow, at least at first, but the two were surely making their way up the tree on the strange upward flowing winds Seresana had called forth with her jutsu and they'd likely have their pick of branches near the top of the tree in a short amount of time. Seresana's confident, unwavering, and kindly comforting smile was still plastered on her face as they ascended, though her eyes held the flare of hard concentration as she focused on the jutsu instead of speaking for the moment.

Word Count: 715
Total: 8749

Chakra: 600 - 60 (Levitation Technique [Furo-to No Jutsu])- 15 (0% chakra control) = 525
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Sylvan waits for Sena to detail her plan. She hoped she would. Not knowing what was ahead of her in life was something that unsettled Sylvan. If she knew what lay ahead, she could plan for it, steel herself for it, and be ready to cope with it. There were a few exceptions though, the forest being one of them. Of course, that exception did not mean she was willing to break her legs. She liked Seresana, and even trusted her to some degree. But that trust was merely because she seemed trust worthy and it was very hard to think badly of her. 'I was afraid of this. You've got it bad Sis.' 'Got what?' 'I'll tell you when you're older!' 'Damnit sister.' Still, the idea of continuing their game up in the tree was very tempting to Sylvan, both parts of her. The Dark Thing enjoyed the stars, and The Girl just wanted an excuse to be in a tree. It was thus their nature to seek out trees such as the proud maple above them. Unfortunately, it was quite clear they wouldn't be climbing it through normal means. The tree was very tall, and had few branches this low. Sylvan had heard of a way in which one could casually stroll up the sides of solid objects such as trees, walls, and other solid things. It greatly intrigued her, though that was obvious given her obsessive fascination with the forest. Sylvan had watched some genin practicing it once, their sensei calling out advice and corrections. The seemed to either fall off or blast themselves away from the tree. when she had first heard about ti Sylvan had thought to try it herself, but after seeing one of them get taken to medical over a head injury, she was of the opinion it would be better to have a sensei teach her. The genin had rocketed himself headfirst into a stone wall. From all the blood, Sylvan couldn't imagined he had survived. She was equally certain his still living team mates would've never learned the technique until much later in their lives, when an enemy threatened to kick them off their mortal coil, and they found the strength and will to overcome their fear and use the skill. Or maybe they just kept practicing, which is what sylvan had found them doing next morning. Perhaps no one had told them he had died, or perhaps he had miraculously survived. Or perhaps they just didn't care, and would one day become thugs in the service of a corrupt lord or lady, only to be defeated by the main protagonist of destiny's story. Sylvan had talked to the person with the really shiny teeth recently, and they were always talking about destiny and the question of being characters in a story. The talks rarely made much sense to her, but she enjoyed them nonetheless. Half the time she didn't even understand what she herself was saying, but it seemed to please the shiny teeth. That was a weird way to refer to the person, but that was all she knew. When she'd first accidentally called them that aloud, they had ruffled her hair and said she had the power of youth or something. It was all very confusing, and The Dark Thing did not enjoy the hair ruffling. It made her feel younger than she felt, which, she supposed, was the intention. Still, it bugged her. The Girl, on the other hand, was totally indifferent.

Sylvan raises an eyebrow at Sena's response. "A.... surprise?" she says slowly. Before she could say anymore, she was hugged by Sena. This prompted several responses, the most noticeable one being a dark red blush forming across Sylvan's face. 'Sena is hugging me!' 'Yep.' 'SENA IS HUGGING ME!' 'You said that already Sis.' 'I DON;T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS!' 'Calm down. She's only doing that to lift us to the top of the tree.' 'W-What? We're flying?!' 'Floating, at least.'
Sylvan hugged Sena back, making sure she wouldn't slip out of her grip. She really didn't want to fall, or at least that was what she told herself. Perhaps she even though it. Maintaining the grip was quite awkward though, do the large difference in height.
When they arrive at the top, Sylvan would continue hugging Sena, not letting go. "H-How did you?" she said, hesitantly. She had no idea how Sena had done that, but she desperately wanted to learn. If at all possible, she would get the girl to teach her. It would let her reach the taller trees int he forest, something she dearly wished to try.
{774 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Seresana just smiled as Sylvan clamped onto her with a tight embrace, and then she made sure that her own tight hug was secure enough to maintain the hold on Sylvan as they slowly ascended the tree's impressive height. Before too long though, they did land and while Sylvan's grip remained tight, Seresana's slacked just a little as she released the jutsu to they were comfortably standing on a flat spot up near the top of the tree. Though when Sylvan's grip continued to hold, she just smiled more and hugged back tightly anew, still enjoying the close company, and chuckling just a tad at how she must have startled Sylvan.

"Mish ah mutmu my memmei maugh me," Seresana replied at first to Sylvan's question, the worlds being mumbled and distorted from her trying to talk through Sylvan's shirt and body behind it. Then Seresana squirmed her head until it was looking up at Sylvan and she repeated her reply. "It's a jutsu my sensei taught me. It's called the levitation jutsu," Seresana explained before starting to pull Sylvan down so they could actually sit in the tree, though she wasn't breaking the embrace yet so the movement was a bit awkward and clumsy, but should the worst happen, Seresana was more than ready to use the jutsu again, she still had ample chakra to use for it after all. "Though Syl, you might want to look up now," Seresana said as she tried to sit them both down together.

Word Count: 251
Total: 9000
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:25 pm

The hug continued a while longer, but eventually Sylvan got over her brief panic over the sudden ascension. She released the hug, her face the faint red of embarrassment. She wasn't quite sure why that had caused such a reaction of fear within her. She was up in trees all the time, so she definitely didn't have a fear of heights. It certainly wasn't a fear of chakra usage, that would be silly. She used chakra all the time, to be afraid of it was foolish. She was a ninja after all, or at least in training. She was still an academy student, but that didn't mean she never used chakra. She had placed two genjutsu and a clone on that Uchiha kid, Nathan, when they sparred. 'Hehehe. I remember that. That was fun!' 'I know! Especially the part where we possessed his body and smashed it into a tree! Weeee~!' 'The thing with the uneven ground using False Surroundings was a brilliant idea, even if we never got the chance to make full use of it.' 'Awww... Thanks Sister! You were great too! They way you handled that clone was marvelous.' 'Why thank you. But the Mind Body Switch was a team effort.' 'No doubt about!' The two enjoyed reminiscing about previous victories and events they had experienced together. there were a few things they dared not touch, of course, such as the original conversation with Rosie that split them in twain. Despite being arguably less mentally stable, they were in a much healthier state of mind then when they had originally acted as a singular entity. They had a better concept of right and wrong, of emotion and logic. The main downside was that they now had a crippling fear of large crowds, but they were usually able to find people to help them through that. Yusuri was usually the one to help her, since thye were roommates and had to go into the market to buy groceries. It owkred out quite well, Sylvan could cling frantically to Yusuri and carry groceries while Yusuri did all the interaction. Except for that one time they'd gotten separated by that annoyingly persistent fish seller. that had not been pleasant. Sylvan had basically huddled on the ground until Yusuri could come find her. The telepathic connection she'd established didn't do much either, since all that came through was sobs and screams. 'Perhaps we need to get over our fear of crowds.' pi]'I don;t like them and that's final!'[/i] Still, everything was okay once they got back to the house. Yusuri and Sylvan had finished putting away the groceries in their proper places, and prepared to cook. It was an enjoyable experience, and gave Sylvan good opportunities to train. Since Yusuri couldn't take off the headphones or look at Sylvan's lips while she watched the food, the two used telepathy to coordinate their actions in the kitchen.

Returning her attention to Sena, she hands the smaller girl her deck and settles onto one of the tree branches. "Levitation justu. do you think you could teach me?" At Sena's request, she looks up. And keeps looking, as a wide grin breaks across her face. "It's full of stars..." she mumbles, entranced by the glittering sky above.
{542 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:57 am

"Of course, but maybe another time since it's so late and we were still in the middle of a card game," Seresana replied as she accepted her deck back, none the wiser about Sylvan's actions to undermine her, or at least she didn't show any inclination of knowing about it. She separated the face up cards that marked the ones she'd already played, but weren't to be shuffled back into the deck yet, and when that small stack was sitting on her leg, she leaned up as much as she could without spilling the cards, and hung the lantern on a low hanging branch and flipped the switch on it so that some light was provided. Though she had taken the extra care to make sure that the branch was out of Sylvan's direct sight, and wouldn't obscure her view of the stars that badly.

"Yeah, they're out really bright tonight," Seresana responded as she chanced another glance to the darkened sky. "It's why I like living out here so much, there is not as many things to distract from stuff like this." Seresana watched the sky for a little longer before lifting her deck up a little and seizing the top card. "Now why don't we finish our game," Seresana added as she flipped over her next card to reveal a four of spades.

Word Count: 225
Total: 9225
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:29 am

Sylvan nods. It was a shame they couldn't start now, but Sylvan was patient. And anyways, Sena did have a point. they could quite easily learn it some other time, but for the moment they were involved in a card game. 'One which I have cleverly tipped in my favor! Bwuhahahaha!' "*sigh* "Sister, I don;t think you realize the full impact of your actions..." while before it was merely a chance to spend time with Sena, now it was a game she was determined to win. She had gone through the risk of performing that slight of hand, so now there was no holding back! "Sis, it is quite literally a game of luck. The only way you could make it a game of skill is to give each type of card a subtly different chakra signature. Then you could practice your sensory abilities and memorization skills, especially if time limits are involved. But we didn't do that, so we can't. Which means the game is all about luck! No skill involved!' 'Ah, but I messed with the cards! She has one less Ace than I do!' 'Doesn't mean you'll win!' 'Does too!' 'Does not!' 'Does too!' 'Does not!' 'Does too! and I've got control of the body, so that's final! I win! Nyah nyah nyah!' 'Arguments don't work that way! You can't just make up arbitrary stuff and say you've won!' 'Why not, you do?!' 'Name one time!' 'The color blue!' "Of for- You- ARRRRGH!' 'See? I win!' 'Grrrrrrrrr...' 'Love you too!'
the simple issue the two had was that they were not each complete, but instead to halves with information and emotion divided up haphazardly. While it could largely be categorized as 'Knowledge' and 'Desire', such generalizations were not  always perfect. It wasn't because they were close to complete personalities, but because the division wasn't clean. Not the mental breaks ever are. There were some things where their positions were reversed, like with large crowds or people they couldn't understand. This lead to strife and confusion, but it also aided in maintaining the sanity inducing illusion they were two separate people. This madness allowed them to maintain a degree of sanity and empathy. While it didn't matter much to them in the long run, it was vastly preferable for everyone around them to be a split personality rather than a single minded sociopath bent on ultimate power. Like Iku, only with less people skills.
Thus far, it seemed to Sylvan that Sena had not noticed her deception. This was good. That Ace could take out one of Sena's high cards, and defeat her strategy. 'There is no strategy!' 'Her luck might have a strategy!'
Sylvan looks up, admiring the stars one more time. They were vast and might, a sea as strong and fierce and beautiful as any ocean of water or sand. She loved it, as much as she loved her own forest. They fit well together. Form just the right angle, the horizon ceased to be, and nothing separated the two most beloved things in her life.
Looking back to Sena, Sylvan takes her cards and arrays them properly. She felt confident.
"Yeah. The house I live in with Yusuri is on the outskirts as well. Away form all those horrible crowds." She shivers, remembered the strident clamor of far too many people in too small a space.
She flips over the card. A Queen of Hearts.
{566 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 am

Seresana let out a sigh as another set of cards went to Sylvan as the queen of hearts she turned up was easily higher than her little four. Though past that sigh, she wordlessly passed over the cards to Sylvan. "She's getting all the good cards..." Seresana thought to herself glumly as she got ready to flip over her next card, though she paused for a few moments to look towards Sylvan again. Now seemed to be a great time though to continue their little conversation while playing their game in the background and under the light of this scene. Though now she was all too sure that a lot of questions surrounding the past, her family, and her friends were more or less off limits as they seemed to do nothing but upset Sylvan, and that was one of the last things she wished to do since they were supposed to be having a good time, part of why Seresana had suggested they'd come outside and continued their game out here in a tree, under the light of the faintly glowing stars.

"So I guess you don't like lots of people in small spaces, huh Syl?" Seresana asked as she flipped over her next card, a seven of spades. Seresana suspected she already knew the answer to the questions, but it was still something to at least continue the conversation. Though a moment later, something better came to mind to continue the conversation as well. "And what's it like living on your own?"

Word Count: 253
total: 9503
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:19 am

Sylvan smiles at Sena, generally happy. She was winning at cards, she was in a tree, and the beautiful night sky was overhead. In other words, the sort of evening she only dreamed of. The foliage in the forest proper was usually too dense, and besides, she had to be home to help Yusuri out with dinner. She had been given a reprieve this time though, which was the reason she was out so late. As such, it was quite rare for her to enjoy these little evenings out, especially this late. She had never shared them with a friend though, as she was doing with Sena. It was a nice experience, one she wondered if she should've done long ago. It was certainly worth thinking about, considering the dangerous life her family lead as spies for Konoha. Sylvan ought to spend some time with them while she still could. 'Now is not the time for such dreary thoughts. Enjoy your card game.'
Sylvan nods to herself, then takes another glance at the night sky. Thus far, she felt the evening could be called a success, regardless of the outcome of the card game. Perhaps this was what The Dark Thing had been referring too.
She looks back upon hearing Sena's question. "hmm? No, no I do not. Too much noise, too many people. It is... quite terrifying." she says, shivering briefly at the thought of it. She hated grocery day.
As to the second question... "Well, I'm not really living on my own. Yusuri is there as well. But we don;t talk much, so I suppose it could be considered alone. Hmmm... It's nice. I read, or trace a hand along maps, charting courses through the world. We tend to go out to our respective training spots at the same time, but the house is bug enough to accommodate the two of us. Cooking is fun. Our kitchen is big enough we can both cook at the same time, so it is good practice for my telepathy."
{335 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:21 am

"Telepathy?" Seresana repeated as she suddenly looked up from her still face up seven of spades card that was resting on her lap still. "Does that mean you can read what I think?" Seresana asked to follow up the inquiry as she awaited the answer. Out of curiosity's sake, she did all she could at the moment to try and keep her mind clear as she suddenly feared that her mind was being read that very second. Sure, she didn't have anything to truly hide from Sylvan but for some instinctual level of reaction, Seresana wanted to safeguard the contents of her mind, to keep them from being read as easily as one might pick up a book and glance through the pages of a book. Actually, Seresana wasn't even sure if that was how Sylvan's telepathy might work. She didn't know if Sylvan could just read her thoughts with nothing more than a simple notion, or if Seresana herself would have had to agree to allowing Sylvan to enter her mind so the two might share this vocal less conversation, or if Seresana could even actually talk back. Was it one way communication to where Sylvan could only read her thoughts, or could Seresana actually hear Sylvan's words? These were only a few of the many questions that were steadily filling her mind that Seresana was all but failing to actually keep clear like she'd desired to at first. Ultimately though, Seresana would have to wait for Sylvan to possibly tell the secrets of this ability if she so desired to.

But then the sudden notion that this could be something of a secret for Sylvan's clan, she decided to also offer up an alternate line of discussion. "Oh, but you don't have to explain if you're not supposed to. We can talk about something else, like do you like to go swimming?"

Word Count: 313
Total: 9816
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:24 am

Sylvan nods. "Telepathy. More of a mental conversation than mind reading though. We can try it if you like. I have to get permission form the other person before activating it. Fear not for the privacy of your thoughts." Sylvan says, trying to be comforting. "The ability to read minds without permission is a more advanced technique. I haven't learned it yet." This was, in fact, the truth. Sylvan certainly had the potential to learn to read minds, but telepathy and Mind Body Swap were the limits of her abilities at the moment.
She hoped she wasn't freaking Sena out. Apparently the ability to manipulate the bodies of others like a puppet was viewed as something to fear, more so then a Kunai to the neck. Sylvan didn't really understand why, but she was smart enough to understand that it was a source of fear. She supposed the mind reading might be feared do to the tactical advantage it carried, both in one on one and in team fights. The concept of mental privacy didn't really occur to her, due to the fact she invaded her own mental privacy. she couldn't really hide any of her thoughts form herself, save for the ones regarding the reality of her mind, and its unity. These thoughts she was able to hide form herself, but not the others. Not her doubts about her ability to interact, her feelings for Sena.... these she nitpicked and teased herself over constantly. It was for this reason everything she said tended to come out clipped, as it had first been through numerous edits and revisions. She believed this was the better option. After all, it meant she thought about what she said before she said it, unlike some people. she wasn't doing it as much with Sena, but it was still there, in places.
{307 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 am

Seresana listened to the explanation of Sylvan's rather surprising ability to communicate just with one's mind. While it was incredibly interesting and rather intriguing, there were still some things that she just wasn't ready for Sylvan to know about her quite yet, and so she was all to happy to hear that Sylvan couldn't yet read minds without the other person's consent just yet. Though she was careful to make sure her expression didn't give away her relief towards keeping at least some of her thoughts private.

"Well, I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to learn that skill," Seresana said when Sylvan was finished with her explanation. "I like being able to have a few private thoughts personally," she added before letting out a sigh and glancing towards the sky again. "So, are we going to continue our game?" Seresana asked then as she held up the seven to show Sylvan her card and make sure she wouldn't miss it. "Also, you didn't say whether you liked to go swimming or not," Seresana went on as she awaited Sylvan to reveal the next card out of her deck.

Word Count: 192
Total: 10008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolk

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Though she would no longer admit so out loud, Sylvan dearly wanted to learn the mind reading jutsu. She desperately wanted to peek into the minds of everyone around her and draw out their secrets to better understand them. The fact that this would probably illegal in some form or fashion had not yet occurred to her. Whether or not it would disturb her overmuch would pend wholly on how much others interacted with her. She had a practical reason for desiring it. If she could quite literally observe people's minds as they thought, then she would hopefully be able to understand how normal people went through their day without constantly being afraid of someone setting them on fire. Sylvan always had issues with that, yet few others seemed to share it.
For some reason, Sena believed Sylvan shouldn't learn it. 'Why is that? does she not want us to improve?' 'No, she just has secrets she doesn't want us to know about.' 'Secrets? Like what?' 'I don't know. That's why they're secrets.' 'So why won't she tell us?' 'As good as you're getting along with her, you two have only met. Either learn how to read her mind or earn her trust. Or both. Both would probably work better, in all honesty. I'd go with both.'
Sylvan flips over her card. Also a seven. "War it is." she says softly. "I enjoy swimming. Not right now, obviously, but I'd be up for it at a later date."
{247 Words}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A starry night's sky   

Back to top Go down

A starry night's sky
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next