Nindo Beginning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nindo Beginning

Every shinobi has it's path set out for them. What path that may be only the gods will know. Set out to find your path in this crazy shinobi world

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello Everyone! Letting you all know that we have a skype chat available for Nindo members. PM an admin if you wish to be added.

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone

DualThrone

Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 8:05 pm

The shuffling step that Sylvan moves with causes Rosie to slightly turn her head and watch the way that she moved, and moved to hug Sera, out of the corner of her eye.
"Do you get the same feeling off of her that I do?"
Kitty gives her a deadpan look. "Um, hi, I'm the schizophrenic hallucination hanging out in your head, sharing your thoughts, literally made out of all the thinking you do and your own conception of what I ought to look like. What kind of question was that?"
"What, you don't know?"
"Touche." Kitty wanders over to where Sylvan is presently hugging Sera and looks her up and down. "The only funny feeling I get off of her is that she's a bit wrong-footed here, but in a good kind of way."
"There's a good way to be wrong-footed?" Rosie sees that Sera appears to have the bottom of the first snowman in hand at the moment, and she starts imitating what Sera had done to start off her snowball.
"Clearly there is, or she wouldn't be so calm about all of this. Discomfort is a little obvious, especially social discomfort."
Rosie gathers a large amount of snow and pushes it into a pile, starting to compact and shape the pile into a ball for rolling. "Why especially that?"
"Because if you've built the skill set to be comfortable in social situations generally, you have the necessary skill to smother discomfort behind a cheerful or at least neutral mask." Kitty uses Sera as a vaulting point and nimbly leaps up atop the finished snowman, idly balancing on the ball of one of her feet with the other outstretched behind her and her arms splayed out at random. "Basically, it's obvious because being socially uncomfortable makes you socially uncomfortable, so your discomfort is especially obvious."
Rosie stoops begins to push the ball, at first just making a trail in the snow of where the compacted snow had been rolled, but then starting to gather first round of snow on it. She gigves it another complete turn before she rotates it around to start it in a different direction so it's vaguely round. "So your theory is... she's uncomfortable in this situation but is happy about it."
"No, that's your conclusion that I'm repeating back to you so it goes from the back of your head to the front." Kitty steps off the snowman to assume a lotus position just above Sera's head, watching as the little girl makes the base of their proposed snowman. "You'd think you'd get used to this state of affairs after this time. I have no thoughts of my own, just versions of your own thoughts."
"Balderdash," Rosie scoffs, rotating the ball again so it remains vaguely circular through the pushing.
"The part about what I say to you being versions of your own thoughts?"
"No, that claim that you have no thoughts of your own." Rosie maneuvers her rolling ball such that she could give Kitty a firm look. "Unless you intend to convince me that that your zeal for being as sexual, overt, and shameless as you are comes from my own inclinations."
"Believe it or no, Rose, you have all the characteristics you need to be as attractive as I am," Kitty says seriously. "Moreover, you know it but keep it locked away, vividly aware that you don't have an outward personality to reel in the catch when the fish is hooked. We need to work on that."
"What do you think we're doing, exactly?" Rosie turns to smile to Sylvan and Sera as they work. "Sylvan, would you like to contribute a head to our eventual masterpiece? As long as we're all here, we might as well be able to say that all the things we're doing, however fun, were the product of combining our skills and thinkings."
Kitty sighs. "Must you go for the full academic?"
"Just for you, Kitty, Rosie winks a little in her direction. You only experience pain--life, in other words--when you live and as much as it pains you to hear me sound off like an academic, your wincing just proves the ultimate point: you are not entirely me anymore, and it's great."
When Sera's ball starts to get larger and harder to push, Rosie stops with hers and walks over to stop down some. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

{Word Count: 738 | 6161}
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Sylvan nods to Sena, wandering over to a larger patch of snow an grabbing a small pile. She copies Sena’s movements as best she can, rolling the snow into a larger and larger ball. She also tries to roll it vaguely towards Sena’s, so that they wouldn’t have to move it very far. The whole process was fairly easy, not that it had seemed very hard from the outside. When the snowball was about as big as a heart, Sylvan realized Rosie was talking to her. “Hmm? Oh, yes. I’ll form the head Rosie.” I like that phrase. What phrase? ’I’ll form the head.’ I like it.
Sylvan checked the snowball Sena was making, assuming ti to be the foundation. After mentally figuring out roughly ow big the second would need to be, she finished her snowball along a long strip of snow. It ended up at a spot a little and a little more to the left of the already finished snowman. “Like this Sena?” she asks, a faint note of desperation for approval entering her voice before being quickly crushed. She shook her head slightly, shaking off the brief moment of vulnerability. She wasn’t quite comfortable enough with her friends to let that shine through, good friends though they were. Maybe one day she would be, but for now she would hide the less sturdy portions of her psych. The slip ha been unfortunate, but hopefully not too telling. Allowing another person to realize how much you relied on them seldom had good results.
{256 Words}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:21 pm

"Oh thank's Rosie," Seresana said as she was joined in the process of rolling the base of the snowman together. With Rosie's help, it wasn't hard at all to roll the ball even as it started to get up to a decent size, and with a bit of planning, it also wasn't hard to end with the snowman's base near the first snowman. Just as they were finishing rolling it into place, Seresana looked over to Sylvan's contribution to the second snowman. "Looks great Sylvan," Seresana answered her with a warm smile despite chilling cold that reddened her cheeks and nose.

"Now we just need to put these three parts together and then we can get to work on the last one," Seresana exclaimed excitedly. "I'll go get the sticks for this one while you two stack the pieces, okay?" She asked, though she didn't give either one of them time to actually respond to her before bounding off to the edge of the woods again in order to obtain the snowman's features. She'd return a moment later, carrying enough sticks for two snowmen clearly showing her intents to get the third snowman built so they'd each have one to use in the following practice session.

Word Count: 207
Total: 4,834
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 12:13 pm

"If I'm going to attempt this 'fun' jutsu, I should strive to master it and do it well," Rosie replies with a touch of exaggerated loftiness, the apparent seriousness of the words bellied by the appearance of a shy touch of a smile at the corners of her mouth. "And thanks, Sylvan. The end result will be superior with three of us combining our talents towards that end."
"A 'fun' jutsu? Seriously?"
"I'm not exactly well-practiced at jokes, you know."
"That's why you should let me handle being funny. I'm much funnier than you are."
"And more shameless."
Kitty eyes her, her kimono hanging a little more open than usual. "And just what is that supposed to mean?"
"Think a moment, Kitty. A moment of thought can be pretty revealing."
Kitty eyes her again and then looks down at the kimono, then back up at her as Rosie starts gathering a mount of snow to make the middle piece of the second snowman. "Don't poke too hard, Blytraviin, or I might take to lounging in very compromising positions without anything between me and the world."
"Not exactly anything I haven't seen before, Kitty."
Kitty gives her a sour look and pulls the kimono in slightly tighter. "You know just what to say to ruin a girl's fun."
"I'm just glad I plan to be a teetotaler," Rosie informs her as she starts rolling the middle, just as Serasena returns with the sticks. "I hate to think what would happen if I got a little sake into me and my lewd half decided to go wild."
"Shinobi gone wild." Kitty visibly contemplates this. "Sounds like it could be big."
"Absolutely not."
"Aw... but it would be a sensation! A popular thing across the entire shinobi nation!"
"The only 'sensation' the idea gives me is nausea in my gut." But outside the mental conversation, Rosie smiles again ever so slightly. "Maybe--I emphasize maybe--if I ever got to the point as a shinobi that I can create genjutsu in the exact image of you and give you control over its actions, and we're in the right company, I might--and I emphasize might--let you off the leash. A little."
Kitty grins. "I promise, you won't regret it."
"Don't make promises you can't keep, Kitty," Rosie chides her. "We both know that if you're given free reign to act in as wild a fashion as you please, you'll be as overt and sexual as possible. Being the keeper of our..."
"...humanity..."
"...emotional side requires nothing less."
"Yeah, our humanity."
"I won't argue that. But don't pretend that you'll be refined and restrained if allowed to be whatever you like."

{Word Count: 444 | 6605}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 9:39 am

There was a slight skip to Seresana's step as she returned from the forest's edge with her bundle of sticks clasped tightly in her arms, a broad and happy grin plastered on her face as she deposited them next to the unfinished snowman. She looked first over to Rosie who'd started working on the middle segment for the snowman and nodded in approval. "Alright Syl, it looks like Rosie's got the last part of this snowman well underway to being made, so why don't we get started on the last one," Seresana said before turning about to look over at Sylvan. From there though Seresana's happy-go-lucky expression disappeared, only to be replaced with confused curiosity, complimented by even tilting her head to the side a little.

"Sly?" Seresana asked as she took a couple steps to the green hair'd girl who was doing nothing more than just standing next to her rolled pile of snow. Sylvan offered no response, nor did she show any sign of registering what Seresana was there let alone trying to get her attention. "Sylvan? You okay?" Seresana added with more than a hint of concern while taking a few more steps towards the unresponsive girl. Then suddenly Sylvan's knees and legs gave out, causing the girl to fall in a heap to the ground. The ending picture consisted of Sylvan more or less laying on her side, one leg flat against the ground and half raised towards her with the kneed bent, the other straighter but with the knee still pointing upwards at an angle. Sylvan's left arm was bent at the elbow and past that point, was pointing outwards while the right arm fell somewhat behind her and just laid in the snow. Meanwhile her head rolled back until it was resting in the snow, her green hair splaying about haphazardly across her face and the snow covered ground with her eyes shut and expression blank.

Seresana had watched in shocked horror as Sylvan collapsed into unconsciousness, and for a few seconds after Seresana continued to just stand there trying in vain to process what'd just happened. "SYLVAN!" Seresana screamed out when what she'd just scene finally clicked in her mind, and in the next second she was by Sylvan's side, gently cradling the unconscious girl's head in her arms while feeling for a pulse along the neck. "ROSIE! HELP ME!" Seresana yelled while whipping her head towards the girl, and then back to Sylvan's form. Seresana found a pulse, but that did little for the panic that was already set in.

Word Count: 429
Total: 5,263
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Rosie watches first with curiosity as Sylvan is unresponsive, which progresses into concern as she collapses, and then finally into outright worry as Sera scream and runs to the collapsed girl. Rosie stares at her for a second before Sera's second scream jolts her out of her stationary state and causes her to run over to Sera and take up a kneeling position on Sylvan's other side. "Ssh, Sera, I'm right here," she assures her normally cheerful and happy-go-lucky friend. "Now, do you feel a pulse? Breathing?" Even as she asks, she reaches down to grasp Sylvan's wrist and feel for the pulse of the vein in her arm, faint though it normally is, and leans down with her cheek to Sylvan's mouth to see if she can feel her breath.
"Do you think it might be her three sides having a oil wrestling match?"
"I can think of no..." Rosie lets her eyes narrow and she shifts them to look in the direction of the kitsune, kneeling above Sylan's head. "Did you just say 'oil wrestling match'?"
"Yes."
"How exactly does one wrestle oil? It's a liquid, it's impossible to grasp or pin down."
"Well, you don't wrestle the oil you silly goose, you wrestle in the oil. It makes everyone very slick and well-lubricated and does the fun water effect to clothes so they get kind of see-through."
"...you never turn it off, do you?"
"Not if I can help it, no."
Rosie sighs as she turns her head and checks to see if she can see the rising and falling of Sylvan's chest. "There are times, Kitty, when I think you're nothing but a little pervert."
"I am not a little pervert!"
"Oh yeah, then what are you?"
Kitty grins widely and giggles, raising her hands and wiggling her fingers in Rosie's direction. "Ahhahahaha! I'm a a big one."
Rosie sighs and for the briefest instant, has the tiniest ghost of a smile. "Oh, well then, getting back to the point, I think the internal conflict must be some kind of knock-down drag-out catfight for her to drop like a sack of rice in the middle of the snow, without any one of the three trying to keep the body mobile."
"Yeah, you'd think that Euphoria would be toughing it out and then taking control so she can do some kind of freaky psycho happy girl cartwheels while giggling madly."
"I don't think she's psychotic, Kitty."
"No, but she's definitely off her nut, and really proud of it. Plus, I just know she'd be giggling like she actually is psychotic, given half a chance." Kitty pauses. "That girl is my kind of whackadoodle, cheerful, inventive, and with a general zest for all things life. Shame the three can't figure out an accord... working in conjunction with the others, she'd make a serious shinobi out of Sylvan."
"Sort of how the two of us work in full callaboration?"
"Just so."
Rosie finally detects all the relevant signs of life and gives a quick, curt nod before getting to her feet and stepping around Sylvan's prone form. She immediately drops to her knees again beside Sera and seizes the smaller girl in a firm hug. "She's alive and breathing, Sera," she assures the girl. "She's not hurt and she's not in danger. Calm down. Don't be afraid, she's OK."
"Yeah, adorable, she's all good." Kitty adds, invisible to Sera's senses and yet still contributing to the hug. "World Champion Schizophrenic hasn't gotten dead yet, so she'll be fine soon. Promise."

{Word Count: 591 | 7196}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 11:57 pm

While Rosie did her checks for signs of life from Sylvan, Seresana was trying to do the same but to much less success. Her hand just wouldn't stop shaking enough for her to feel the pulse of the young green hair'd girl herself, which did nothing for her already frantic demeanor. Seresana's eyes were wide and panicked, her whole form practically vibrated, and she was all but screaming Sylvan's name. "SYLVAN! SYLVAN, ARE YOU OKAY? SYLVAN! SYLVAN CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Even Rosia's kind and calming embrace did little to still Seresana's trembling, and her words did nothing to calm the adrenaline driven fear currently consuming her.

"Okay? Okay!?! She just collapsed, and isn't waking up Rosie! We've gotta do something!" Seresana almost yelled back before her eyes locked back Sylvan's prone form. "Sylvan!" Seresana yelled again, some of the intensity was leaving her voice only to be replaced by her crying. "Why won't she wake up Rosie? I-... I don't know what to do... Rosie, what do we do?" Seresana asked looking back up to face Rosie, her wide green eyes shimmering with moisture and her cheeks glistening with tear streaks.

Word Count: 193
Total: 5,456
Back to top Go down
Lolk

Lolk

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 12:41 am

The scene inside Sylvan's head would be almost comical, were it not for the blood spilt and the tears of the girl who had their heart.

Innocence had been the first to go, unsurprisingly. Pragmatism had tripped and shoved her forward in an attempt to trip up Euphoria.
Unfortunately for both of the weaker Sylvans, Euphoria got her revenge by stamping Innocence into the ground with the sort of brutal efficiency more commonly associated with Pragmatism. While this had given Pragmatism an opening to deck Euphoria, it had also eliminated her only ally against the taller girl. She had truly had hopes that Innocence would be of more use in the scuffle, but considering she was the shortest it wasn't too surprising.
Still, Pragmatism could not be said to have gotten her name unearned; Euphoria found it worryingly difficult to regain her senses as the shorter girl knelt on her chest, strangling her with one hand and punching her with the other.
Ow! Ow! Ow! Quit! That! Euphoria yells, managing to drag together enough awareness to smash Pragmatism's head into the wall next to him, then heave her over to the side. Euphy quickly scrambles to her feet, clawing at the wall to support her. She was still a little unsteady after being knocked around by Prag, but she would recover much faster with Innocence down for the count.
Pragmatism, for her part, drags a large hunk of wood out from the wreckage of a table.
Cheater.
{242 Words}

Last edited by Lolk on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Rosie keeps Sera hugged. "Yes, she is okay," she says as soothingly as she knows how. "She is not bleeding. Her heart beats. Her blood flows. She breathes. So long as she breathes and her heart beats, she's fine, just the same as anyone who is sleeping, whose heart beats, and who is breathing even if they don't respond immediately to someone trying to wake them up." She moves back a bit so she can take one of her sleeves and dab a little at Sera's cheeks, drying her tears as she smiles. "What we do, Sera is this..."
"We remain calm so we can think clearly."
"We stay calm. Getting excited and terrified makes it hard to think, and if someone needs help, you need to be able to think or you can't help them."
"Remember that she's alive and just seems like she's not responding."
"We remember that as long as you feel her breath," she says, gently taking one of Sera's hands and holding it above Sylvan's lips so she can feel the light warm breath on her hand, "and can feel her heart beating," she continues, moving the hand down and pressing it against there Sylvan's heart can be felt beating, "and she isn't bleeding, she is alive, and unhurt, and just not responding at the moment. If you are alive, and you aren't hurt, you're fine."
So you keep her warm, keep close eyes on her, and wait. Maybe go talk to an adult if you're afraid."
"It's cold here, so the only thing that can hurt her is to become cold too, so we need to find a way to keep her warm, and then we just watch and wait," Rosie concludes. "If we had much, much more snow, we could build a wall around her and slightly arching over her. This will help reflect her own warmth back to her. But if all that fails, Sera, we could always run into the village and find an apocathary."
"Apocathary?"
"A word for a healer that uses herbs and other remedies."
Kitty blinks at her and sighs. "Doctor, Rosie, or healer, or medical-nin. Why do you make things so complicated all the time?"
"Part of having an excellent intellect." She physically looks down at Sylvan. "I wonder what's going on in there."
"Cage match?"
"No."
"Three go in, one comes out? Three go in, one comes out?"
"No, Kitty."
"Aww..."
Rosie hugs Sera again. "So would you prefer to run and find a medical-nin Sera? I'm sure they'd gladly help."

{Word Count: 425 | 7621}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Seresana continued to shudder and shake as her tears and fears were dabbed away, her eyes closed for the moment out of reflex. Still, both remained at least in part as Rosie explained the plan of action. The mention of a wall though made the little girl's eyes go wide and it would seem as if she was having her own internal battle oh so suddenly. Her now pinprick sized pupils looked down to her reddened hands, and her mouth twitched as some kind of mental debate was waged within her mind. "A barrier, a wall, a kind of dome to surround them and keep the warmth in... I... I could do that, easily even. It'd only take seconds and then I could run and get a doctor! But... But my promise. I swore to mom I'd never let anyone see those techniques, but..." The mental debate slowed as her shaking eyes shifted over to Sylvan's unconscious form once again and a phantom thought entered her mind, one that's origin eluded her. "Are you really going to let her die?"

The intensity of that thought, the force it carried, and the implication it held terrified her but it also was enough to snap her back to reality. That snap also came just as Rosie posed her question, and it was one that shone a new light on the situation. "Uhm... Do... do you think you could run and get them Rosie? I- I can stay here with Sylvan and make sure she stays warm," Seresana asked almost with a plead and the first semblance of her terrified expression leaving.

Once Rosie had left, and Seresana was once again alone in the park she pulled Sylvan close and made sure the girl's head was resting in her lap. Then Seresana made a quick series of handsigns while focusing her chakra intently. Seconds later, ice began to grow upwards from the ground in a circle around Seresana and Sylvan. It rose quickly and in waves as it surged towards the center point above them. Seresana watched as the last little hole to the outside on top shrunk until it was no more and when it had, she relaxed her hands once more and went back to cradling Sylvan. "There see? I was able to keep my friend safe and my promise to mom," she said aloud to herself. A brief display of confidence in her ability made it's way onto her features before she settled in to wait for Rosie and the doctor's return. The memory of the phantom thought already fading from her mind.

Word Count: 422
Total:5,878
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Rosie looks at her with concern. "Are you really sure you'll be OK with just you here and Sylvan? You seem very frightened still and I don't want to be leaving you while you're still frightened for her." She smiles a little more broadly than normal. "I'm not sure I'd be a good friend if I left you alone while you still need a hug and support."
"I don't think that'll be a problem, Rose," Kitty says as she stands up and looks down thoughtfully at Sera.
"...you don't?" Rosie has to struggle not to look up and give the kitsune an incredulous look. "Are you serious? This is Serasena we're talking about. Skilled, yes. Strong, yes. But she's so... fragile right now. She's..."
"Oh wow." Kitty stares at her.
"What?"
"I'm being the thoughtful and logical one and you're being the emotional one." Kitty grins. "Oh, I'm never going to let you hear the end of this."
Rosie once again resists giving Kitty a look. "Poking fun at me isn't an argument."
"True, I just wanted to point it out." Kitty lounges in midair over Sera. "Think about it, Rose. She knows she's scared and needs someone, but she's gently trying to rush you off. Now, why would someone be wanting to do that?"
Rosie thinks, and lets her thoughtful expression manifest in reality as well. "A jutsu she doesn't want anyone to know she has?"
"Good, good, keep going."
"...because it could give her trouble if someone knew, even someone who might keep her secret, and might hurt the friend as well." Rosie lets a somewhat startled and impressed expression slip as she looks at Sera. "I think I've seriously underestimated her."
"No kidding, sis." Kitty giggles. "So, time to be a good little friend and skeedadle so she can do her thing and feel comfortable with it."
"OK, fine..." Rosie kept a thoughtful expression in place for a few more moments to give the impression that she's reconsidering. "At the same time, I think I need to trust my friend that she knows what she's doing and can handle it," she adds after that thoughtful pause where the conversation with Kitty fit in. "I'll be back as soon as I can with help, OK? Try to stay calm and remember that I'll be back quickly."
She gives Sera another quick squeeze of a hug before she gets to her feet, brushing the stray snow off her knees and then her butt (although the meltwater has soaked through both just in the time since she knelt) and takes a moment to focus herself and center her attention on the snow at her feet. Then she starts jogging, forcing nearly-raw chakra out under her to try to spread her weight out over the ground to diminish the degree to which she sinks. Just out of Sera's sight, she gasps and slumps against a building as this method takes the wind out of her sails.
"OK, no more showshoe effect."
"I heartily agree," Kitty says, floating innocently just above the ground. "Perhaps something a little more along the lines of digging in so you don't slip."
"You think that'll cost less?"
"I think the last thing you need is to take a really bad spill trying to get help for someone else," Kitty says. "So we either have to slow down or dig in."
"Dig in." Rosie closes her eyes and pictures the chakra turning from a blanket into little cones under her, digging into the earth and keeping her feet from slipping and then starts jogging again, grimacing with the effort of keeping it up while not allowing herself to slow down.

{Word Count: 613 | 8234}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 11:02 am

Seresana continued to sit there with Sylvan, cradling the taller girl close while the little smile that had showed up seconds ago already began to fade. With Rosie's absence and Sylvan still unconscious, Seresana's thoughts were free to wander and in the process, those phantom thoughts came back in spades. "I still don't understand... Why did Sylvan faint like that? What could happened to her to cause that?" Seresana paused the constant questions to try and think back to all the times she'd spent with Sylvan. She remembered the times they'd been walking around, when they went to play in the woods, and that time they were even watching the stars, and then something dawned on her. "Everytime we've hung out, I always found her in the woods... Does she live out there? Is... is Sylvan homeless?" "And I just left her out there to face the dark and cold alone."

"Wait no, she said she had a home. She's one of the Yamanaka's, surely she wouldn't have to..." "But what if she just lied to not trouble us?" "No, Sylvan woul-... well... she probably wouldn't..." "Oh course she would lie to keep from troubling me, even if it meant trouble for herself..."

That managed to resume Seresana's shaking as she looked down to the unconscious girl's face. "Sylvan... You know you can always tell me when something's wrong," Seresana remarked sadly while continuing to cradle Sylvan's head. "I just hope Rosie get's back soon with the doctor..." She added from inside the little ice dome that shielded them from the outside.

Word Count: 261
Total: 6,139
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Rosie walks up to the clinic of the village at a pace more resembling a jog than an actual walk and nearly steps inside before seeming to remember something and stamps the snow, ice, and mud off her shoes as much as she can before she actually enters.
"You know, I doubt that there's anyone in this entire village, except you, who'd stop to make sure their feet are relatively clean before they walk--walk--inside a medical place to look for a medical-nin because their friend fainted in the snow and is unresponsive."
"Everyone needs their rituals to remain centered, calm, and thus useful," Rosie tells her, composing her features as she walks up to the front desk, manned by a rather sleepy-looking shinobi who shows every sign of having nothing to do and is totally losing interest in the world as a result.
"Who're you here to see?" he asks in an exceptionally bored tone.
"I'm not here to see..."
"What is your medical issue?"
"I'm not here for..."
"Then please step aside and let others with actual problems come forward."
Rosie blinks and looks around the empty room, her eyebrows tabling, before she turns back to the bored receptionist. "There isn't anyone else here."
"There could be soon. Now please..."
"I swear, if you don't sit up and pay attention, I'll experiment on your block head with durable objects." Rosie nearly growls. "My friend collapsed in the snow in one of the training fields and is unresponsive. She's breathing, heart's beating, but is just laying there comatose. A medical-nin is a required. Are you a medical-nin?"
The shinobi blinks and sits up, first in response to the unexpected threat and then in response to the threat silencing him long enough to make him pay attention. "No, I'll get one." It appears to Rosie's eyes that the shinobi stands up and barely moves before vanishing into thin air.
"...OK, we've got a ways to go."
"No kidding." The momentary mental conversation is all there's time for before the receptionist returns with another shinobi who looked like they were just woken up. "You need medical assistance?"
"For a friend who collapsed and is comatose in the snow," Rosie said. "We checked her breathing and heartbeat, made sure the fall didn't injure her, and then I came and my classmate stayed to keep an eye on her."
"Where is she?"
"Free Practice Field #3, towards the center near a couple completed snowmen and another partial."
The shinobi nods once. "I'll be there as soon as I've collected what I need."
"Do you need me to...?"
He smiles. "Young lady, I've been running all over this village since before you were born, I know how to find the practice fields."
"I'll go back to help my classmate with her then." Rosie bows to him and then turns to the receptionist. "My apologies for the threat."
He shrugs. "It was empty, no apologies needed."
"If you'd continued to brush me aside, it wouldn't have been," Rosie assures him. "But happily, that wasn't needed. Good day to you."
Then she's back in the snow and jogging back towards Sera, traveling in her own tracks to make it easier to go along quickly without needing to draw on her chakra. "At least it didn't offend him."
"Yeah, it'd be a shame if the medical nin had to attend to two patients," Kitty grins at her, floating upside-down ahead. "I just hope the tiny cute one isn't going to suffer a nervous breakdown because she's along with an unconscious Sylvan in the snow with no one to hug or help her."
"You're the one who urged this trip on me."
"Respecting her wishes still seems like the best way to handle the situation." Kitty shrugs. "We'll see soon enough, I suppose."
There's no more mental dialogue between them, traveling with virtual silence over the snow, until they come within sight of the snowmen and Rosie stops. "...um, Kitty? Are you seeing the same thing I am?""
"I can only see through..."
"Just answer."
"Yes, I see the big inexplicably round pile of snow right where we left Sera and Sylvan, even though it's not really snowing much." Kitty looks at her. "Why?"
"I think Sera may have taken one of my observations very seriously." She frowns. "Still, that's not a jutsu I've ever seen or heard of before. Maybe you were right about her discovering one I don't know about?"
"You're the intellect so I'll go with your intellectual conclusion."
"Thanks for being such a big help."
"You're welcome sis," Ktity beams as Rosie sighs and starts walking carefully and quietly over to the dome, looking it over with abject interest as she does. "Serasena?" she says loudly, in case the construct is actually some kind of dome and the muffling effect of the snow makes it hard for her to be heard. "Sera, is that a dome, and are you in it?"

{Word Count: 826 | 9060}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Seresana jumped with a sharp intake of breath at the sound of Rosie's muffled voice, only to worried look down to make sure she hadn't just threw Sylvan's head onto the snow. When relief washed over her at having not just thrown her unconscious friend in a fit of panic, Seresana looked towards the shadowy visage of Rosie only to freeze just before speaking. "Oh crap, Rosie's here and the ice dome from my jutsu is still here. Oh no, what do I do, WHAT DO I DO?!" She mentally screamed at herself and she scrambled to think of a way out of the situation.

"I can't just leave, that'll be even more suspicious." "You'll have to lie to her." "I can't just ditch Sylvan either." "Deceive one of your friends." "I... I... I'll have to... lie to Rosie..."

"Uhh, ye-yeah Rosie," Seresana finally replied after a moment or two of silence. "I uh... I guess I took your advice a little to seriously, huh?" she said with a chuckle just loud enough to be heard through the muffling snow. "I was just... so worried and hurried, I guess I kinda forgot to make an entrance or exit, eheheh," she added. "You could probably make one though, or I could from in here if you want to stand back a little," Seresana added while trying to remember just how tough she'd made this particular dome as opposed to how strong Rosie was. Though she rapidly found the problem difficult to figure out since she didn't know how strong Rosie actually was.

Word Count: 261
Total: 6,400
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 12:49 am

"Don't worry about making an exit, Sera, I think I can take care of that," Rosie says. "Though I've got to say this because I..." She takes a breath, as if saying the words is difficult for her. "...I like you. As a fellow student, maybe even... well..."
"Come on Rose, it'll only hurt for a second. Admit that you like the adorable and sweet classmate with next-level ice jutsu." Kitty grins. "I know, it makes your frozen little heart shudder to express real..."
"Shut up Kitty."
"Yes Rose," Kitty replies in a giggling singsong.
"...maybe a friend too." Rosie blushes intensely, letting herself because she's aware that Sera can't see her through the dome. "So I want to say that, well, making the dome the way you did wasn't... smart. I'm sorry but... if someone didn't come over and open a hole for you, since you forgot, you could... suffocate, both you and Sylvan. And I'd feel horrible because I'm the one who threw out a suggestion without thinking that you could take me seriously."
She taps a little on the dome. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to say you're stupid or anything, or trying to be mean--really I'm not--but... I... really don't want someone hurt on my account."
"Sheesh you're babbling a lot... you're really not good at this, Rose."
"Be quiet, Kitty, I'm not used to this."
"Not used to being a real girl?" Kitty snorts. "I sort of noticed."
"No! I'm not used to being... nice when I'm criticizing."
"Sort of noticed that too, Rose."
Rosie mentally sighs at her hallucination and taps on the dome again. "OK, so, enough babbling at you from me, OK? I'll circle around the dome to the side where Sylvan's feet were pointed and break through. Keep yourself covered so no ice shards or anything hurt you. Um... your winter coat should do it, I'm not sure what to do for Sylvan. But the medical-nin are coming so if anything happens to her, they'll be able to help immediately."
"Begging the question of why you're trying this."
"You know why."
"Heh." Kitty chuckles and smiles, patting Rose on the head. "Yes, I know why. It's a good motive, noble and such, but it's not terribly logical."
"So you're now trying to discourage me from thinking like you?"
"Oh. Um... no, never, not at all, why would you think that?"
"Heh." In the real world, Rosie smirks as she circles the dome to be on the end of it where she last remembered Sylvan's feet being pointed. "I thought not."
Rosie arrives at the end where she wants to strike and considers the dome. "Thoughts?"
"I think you want to keep your feet completely planted, so go with just hitting it with your hands, I think. Nothing open-palmed, all knuckles."
"Jabs and cross-punches then."
"Probably for the best until we master something better, like that theoretical tiger style thing you saw a scroll for."
"I don't think trying to claw through it would work."
"With chakra claws? Of course it will. Now let's stop debating and start acting."
"Agreed."

Rosie sets her feet solidly, bracing herself against the ground and the possibility of slipping in the snow and any possible underlying slush. She rolls first the left foot and then the right, pushing slightly in various directions against the ground to make sure she's anchored properly before turning her full attention to the ice dome. She curls her fingers and uncurls them, drumming them against her palms, limbering them and the joints of her knuckles up, before she clenches both, rests the pad of her thumb atop the clench, and draws back the first fist.
"Naosentou, kousaken, kousaken, naosentou?"
"I'm thinking more the straight punch, crossing until it's visibly spiderwebbing, and then finishing it with the straight punch at a somewhat downward angle, to limit the pieces flying towards them."
"Better idea."
The opening punch was a straight back, straight forward jab to strike the nearest portion of the ice dome, put forward with all the strength she could muster out of an expectation that the dome would be nearly rock-hard and rock-solid and would take multiple blows. To her surprise, the ice gave way immediately, splintering and shattering under just the one blow and she quite nearly followed her fist face-first into the ice dome as it gave way; only her solid and anchored stance turned what would have been a face-first forward fall into a stumble that made her have to reel back and take a step before she regained stability.
"That was... not as hard as I thought..."
"Yeah, I would have thought that ice would be much stronger. Perhaps the jutsu is new to her?"
"Probably." "Are you alright in there, Sera?" she asks in a tone of genuine concern.

{Word Count: 803 | 9863}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Seresana continued cradling Sylvan's unconscious head as she listened to Rosie's critique of her interpretation of Rosie's recommended course of action. There was even a little grimace as the truth in Rosie's concerns about suffocation sunk in, even if it was well within Seresana's own ability to make a hole or even simple destroy the ice dome. "Okay Rosie, I'll make sure we're covered," Seresana replied from inside the dome as Rosie recited her plan to remove the barrier, and then proceeded to undo the front buttons on her thick jacket. First Seresana pulled Sylvan up next to her into a carrying position similar to how one would carry a princess, then she gently leaned the unconscious girl next to her body while Seresana's hands grasped the sides of her coat. With Seresana's back now to the side of the dome that Rosie was planning to break through, Seresana mentally prepared herself and awaited the shattering sound.

She wasn't left waiting long before a resounding noise akin to breaking glass soon resounded out as Rosie's punch devastated an entire side of the ice dome. The destruction however didn't stop there as cracks spread out from the impact hole, splintering and spider-webbing their way across the dome's surface, leaving tiny pieces of ice that came loose to fall down more like snow than ice. Once the shattering sound stopped, Seresana lifted her head and un-wrapped Sylvan from the confines of her coat before looking bout to see not only her other friend standing there a little shocked at how easily the ice dome had been destroyed, but also a notable lack of remaining fragments or pieces of the ice dome. "Wow," Seresana started as she continued to look about with wide eyes at how thoroughly the ice dome practically disintegrated. "You're really strong, aren't you Rosie," Seresana half asked, half stated while looking back towards the taller redhead with the same wide eyes. The movement was short lived though for the shifting had been enough to nudge loose the leaning Sylvan and Seresana was left scrambling to make sure Sylvan didn't fall back donw into the snow. Seresana's arm just barely managed to make it's way behind Sylvan's back to support her and then it was with a bit of a grunt that Seresana resettled Sylvan back against her. "So the medical-nin will be here soon?" Seresana asked as her thoughts returned to the very serious situation they still found themselves in, and her eyes reflected that by once again filling with concern.

Word Count: 422
Total: 6,822
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 1:03 am

Rosie shrugs and her cheeks redden a little when Sera calls her strong. "Apparently I am," she says. "I, uh, didn't quite realize that I was that strong though. I thought hitting ice like that would be like hitting iron because I hear that ice is very hard and when thick, is extremely strong. So I tried my best and I now know that ice isn't quite that... strong." She looks a little sheepish. "I hope none of the ice hit you or anything."
"You being all bashful and apologetic is adorable, sis."
"Oh, be quiet. I didn't meant to break it quite that hard and I feel kind of bad, especially if I accidentally hit her or Sylvan."
"Yes, the medical-nin will be arriving soon," she tells Sera. "I had to threaten the one at the front at first, but word got to the right people so they'll be coming along soon." She carefully climbs passed the shattered walls of the ice dome and uses another couple of blows to create enough space for her to sit down within easy hugging distance of Sera in case her diminutive friend needs further reassurance.
"I still think the threats were a little comical," Kitty remarks from where she's floating in midair directly above the three of them. "Imagine, a stick of a teenager student threatening a full shinobi with medical expertise."
"Necessity of time, Kitty. I didn't think it could wait through more of the nonsense."
"Oh, I know and I agree but it was still sort of funny in retrospect."
"True, I guess."
"So Sera," she says in a slightly lowered voice. "How'd you make this dome? I wasn't gone long enough for you to form a construct from systemically packing snow, and that wouldn't have given you ice anyway. And I just can't see you leaving Sylvan lying on her back in the snow while you went around building a dome." She pauses thoughtfully. "Or making a construct without an entrance unless you knew you could fix it easily."
"Tread lightly, Rose..." Kitty says with a look of warning.
"I'm trying to. I know this might be delicate."
"Might be delicate? Rose, you realize you might be asking her to admit to you that she can do jutsu she might not strictly be supposed to be able to do, right?"
"I realize it. I'll be gentle and if she dodges, I'll just leave it there. Hopefully, the medical-nin will get here before anything gets awkward."
"It's a really good jutsu," Rosie continues. "Elegant, and something you could manage just sitting there. I feel bad that I've never really noticed what the talents of others in the class are, caring more about training and the like, but I'm really impressed with the dome. Where'd you find it?"

{Word Count: 467 | 10330}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 9:57 am

Seresana continued to smile sweetly as Rosie blushed and became bashful at the compliments, and breathed a sigh of relief when the news about the medical-nin was confirmed. "That's good," she started before turning her face towards Sylvan's. "You hear that Syl? Help is on the way, the doctor will be here soon and then everything will be just fine," Seresana went with a voice that tried to be comforting but still shook with her unease and nervousness, as she continued to cradle Sylvan's head in her lap. But then Rosie's question came and Seresana's whole form simply and suddenly locked up.

It only lasted for a second, maybe even a half-second, but in that minuscule moment Seresana's eyes were wide with fear, shock, and possibly anger before she relaxed back into her prior expression and form. It was the look of one who'd just been caught with their hand in the cookie jar by a younger sibling, but also held a ferocity of one who was looked almost dangerously desperate to keep that act a secret. Still, the look disappeared in an instant and so completely that one might have had to seriously question their memory if they had actually seen it at all, especially since in its wake was the far more common kind and caring expression mixed with a bit of embarrassment that Seresana had usually worn. "Oh, well you see... I kinda made it but didn't make it myself. My sensei taught me a jutsu to make golems out of clay and I had one of them make it. Though it was a pretty basic instruction and the golem didn't seem to make the dome that thickly," Seresana said, her embarrassed grin breaking into a little chuckle at the end of the statement. "Guess I should have given it some more specific instruction to make an exit, hehehe."

"And now it's become easier, you just lied to her again and this time without even having to consider it."

"..."

"A slippery slope, and one you've jumped down head first,"
Seresana's thought, horrified at herself for both this line of thought and the voracity of the thoughts from before. "What thoughts did I have just then..." she questioned while trying to remember what had exactly jumped forth in her mind when Rosie had asked her questions, but the thoughts had already faded so much that she couldn't remember.

Word Count: 401
Total: 7,223
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Before she could stop herself, Rosie's expression became one of disappointment, the kind of disappointment a parent might show when they knew what the truth was and was hoping that the child caught with their hand in the cookie jar would confess, but no confession was forthcoming.
"Because of course a golem of clay could rise up out of the ground, leave no impressions on the snow, leave no disturbance of the snow, and disappear back under the snow without leaving a single mark of its passing." Kitty sighs. "I'm hurt... not just a lie but one that withstands not a second of thinking about it."
"You never know. Jutsu are complex, it could very well work like..."
"Do you believe that?"
"I..."
"Do you honestly believe what you're saying, Rose?"
Rosie internally sighs. "No, I suppose I don't."
"Sorry Rose." Kitty pats her shoulder. "That's sort of the disadvantage of yourself being able to offer input on the lies you tell to yourself. Yourself is kind of a hard sell."
"True." She heave another internal sigh. "I suppose that's that then."
"Not by a mile."
"Excuse me?"
"I said, not by a mile." Kitty frowned. "I know I said to be delicate, and I know you agreed, and I know we both think it's best not to push, but there's going to be a point where she won't have to hide whatever she's hiding and I think there's an opportunity here to plant a seed."
"What kind of 'seed' would you plant? That someone trying to be a friend will call her a liar without a single iota of proof or reason to disbelieve her?"
"No." Kitty crosses her arms. "That the girl who thinks she wants to try to be her friend can tell when she's fibbing, knows what the fibbing means, but will choose to pretend that there was no lie told and that the secret doesn't even exist until they want to reveal that it's there."
"I don't know, Kitty... that seems like a really big risk to take here."
"Worth it. If you plant the seed now, everything after this point, every occasion where you could express suspicion but don't, every time that there's an opportunity to tell, every time you see something but say nothing, adds to the impression that you are keeping her secret because you want to prove that you can be trusted. Otherwise, you're just ignorant and thus can't reveal the truth, and it buys you no currency."
During the conversation, Rosie's expression morphs from disappointment to contemplation and thoughtfulness, her eyebrows furrowed as she watches Sera contemplatively. Facing Sera as she is, she's able to catch the movement out of the corner of her eye of the medical-nin appearing at the entrance to the practice field and starting over to where they are.
"Looks like thinking time is over, Rose. You have to make a decision or a perfect moment is lost. You can delay, but you'll lose a potential point."
There was a split second of hesitation. "Yes... I think you're right about that."
Rosie turns her head towards the medical-nin, who are making absolutely no attempt to conceal their approach since there would be no reason for them to do so, and then she leans in very slightly so the angle from their point of view conceals the fact that her lips are moving. "If you're going to fib, Sera, do better," she says very quietly. "Your friend will pretend she doesn't notice; someone who might want to hurt you won't." She pats Sera on the shoulder as she gets to her feet and brushes the snow from her pants.
"Thank you for coming so quickly," she says. "My friend's been keeping her warm and keeping an eye on her, and her head elevated."
"Good to see a couple of students with good heads on their shoulders," the head medical-nin says as he comes to a stop and kneels next to Sera. "We'll take care of your friend from here, miss, and get her to where she can rest and be helped." He nods towards his assistants who circle around and kneel and begin checking over Sylvan's vital signs and other indicators of condition while Rosie stands there, watching for a moment before she scoots closer and offers Sera a hand to help her get up.

{Word Count: 728 | 11058}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 am

Seresana was still giving her goofy smile and little chuckle when she saw the medical-nin arrive and she was about to make a comment about how grateful she was that they were finally here, but it never came. Instead she was taken by a bit of surprise when Rosie leaned in close, an act she wasn't expecting that managed to cause her smile and laugh to falter. What Rosie whispered to her however compeltely shattered the happy facade in an instant, the laugh going silent abruptly, the wide smile disappearing into a small, sunken frown. Even Seresana's head drooped down at a slight angle, causing her bangs to fall forward and obscure her eyes as her whole demeanor seemed to try and mimic the cold around them. As the medical-nin got close and gave their compliment, Seresana shifted out of the way, letting them take her head and barely nodding to their compliment. She made the motion of about to ask if Sylvan was going to be okay, but the medics gave their reassuring comment about taking care of things that more than satisfied Seresana's dwindled curiosity at the moment.

Without a thought or word, she accepted Rosie's hand up but Rosie would find the grip on her hand much tighter than necessary, and it didn't let go even when she was standing. No, instead the grip only seemed to tighten as Seresana put forth more and more strength into her grip. At first this might have seemed like a threat as a surprising sign of strength from the little girl came out of practically nowhere, but before the grip could quite get to the bone crushing level, her little hand would start to quiver and shake. This would conflict with the image of her tight grip being a threat, and it could be followed as the trembling slowly traveled up from her hand through the rest of her arm, into her shoulders, and then from there into the rest of her form. Seresana would slowly shift her head then towards the medical-nin and say, "th-thanks you two for the rush. Please take care of her, I'll be around to visit her from time to time." Only once she was done with saying this did Seresana's hand finally release the probably painful grasp on Rosie's hand, though it was done slowly. First the grip would loosen until her hand was barely if at all just resting against Rosie's and then it would slowly slip away as if she didn't actually want to let go at all. "I sh-should probably ge-get going," Seresana said, her voice cracking against her will as she spoke. Then without another word Seresana turned about and began to run away towards the woods that surrounded the training area instead of the town, with her head still down, teeth grit tightly, and hands balled into fists.

Once past the treeline, Seresana would get a little ways into the woods, just far enough to where she wouldn't be immediately visible to those still back in the training ground before sitting down behind a tree. There she cradled her head in her hands as the tears began to form and her mind began to race. Conflicting thoughts that combined with frustration, anger, despair, and fear were more than enough to bring the little girl to her breaking point. She hated the fact she was lying, but there was the promise to her mother and the terrifying threats and implications of what could happen should their secret get out, but these were still her friends and her abilities had been enough to help Sylvan who was an entire other series of fear fed thoughts that plagued her mind. Gradually, her hands would shift from her eyes as the tears broke through the dam of finger and move towards the sides of her head, specifically to cover her ears as a feeble and fruitless attempt to block out the noise in her head as the darker thoughts slowly started to get louder.

Word Count: 672
Total: 7,895
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 11:54 am

Rosie is visibly surprised by the strength of Serasena's grip as she pulls her friend to her feet although nothing about her expression or body language betrays any sort of discomfort over Sera's crushing grip on her hand.
"You know, I should have expected this after the display of the dome but... wow."
"I know!" Kitty looks at Sera with her eyes slightly widened, a shade more respect in her expression than there'd been before. "Although I think that the strength is at least partly from emotion rather than what she can do in ordinary circumstances."
"What do you mean by that?"
"I think you'll be finding out in a moment or two."
Rosie's expression morphs into a mix of confusion, surprise, and genuine concern as Sera thanks the medical-nin and excuses herself, and becomes slightly alarmed as Sera turns and runs towards the forest. She barely hesitates long enough to turn her head and say, "Thank you for your help, I'll be visiting her from time to time as well, good day to you" before she's going after the fleeing little form that's rapidly shrinking into the distance.
"Are you still thinking that planting that seed was a good idea?" She asks her hallucination somewhat bitterly as she runs.
"Absolutely." Kitty says, keeping up with her while floating along in a relaxed lotus pose. "Even though I believe it was the right thing to do, we did pull a rug out from under her and broke her illusion that she had safely deceived you and that she could continue to keep the secret hidden under a fog of... obfu... um... concealment."
"Obfuscation."
"Yes, thank you. We broke her certainty that she could conceal things behind obfuscation and untruths until whatever was making her keep the secret was removed. Even the most stable and emotionless person will suffer a small crisis when their illusions are pulled out from under them, but she'll be fine."
"I really hope so," Rosie says as she follows Sera just to where the muffling of the snow ends, and then settles down into a quiet walk, not wanting to startle her. "Otherwise, your brilliant plan to make a friend will have done nothing more than hurt someone who really doesn't deserve it."
"I'm... concerned about that as well."
"A little knock-down is good for the ego." Rosie walks over to the other side of the tree from Sera, turns, and slides down the trunk until she's sitting there, listening to Sera starting to cry, unable to see her putting her hands over her ears.
"I'm sorry, Sera," she says quietly, unaware that between the hands over her ears and the mental noise of her own thoughts, her little classmate probably can't really hear her. "I had sort of meant, by what I said, to assure you that I'd spotted the fib but I wasn't going to ask, or pursue it further, or mention it, or tell anyone else. I'm good at fighting, at least I think I will be, but the art of being a good friend and saying the right thing at the right time is just kind of... not something I'm good at. I listen to the thoughts in my head telling me to do things a little more than I should and while I think I usually have good thoughts, some of the thoughts are..." She pauses. "...well, some of the thoughts offer advice that's really not good for me to listen to. I mean, it's not harmful advice, or evil advice, but it's not always good advice and when I'm rushed, I tend to take that bad advice when I really shouldn't. Something to work on when I get older, I suppose." She leans around the trunk to look at Sera out of the corner of her eye, and sees her elbow at such an angle that she can easily guess what Sera is doing. "...and you didn't really hear any of that, did you?"
"For the best, probably."
"Probably, but I'd really hoped to confess to having not done the best thing, and assure her that I meant well by it."
"You can't always get what you want."
"But if you try sometimes. you might just find, you get what you need." Safe from observation, Rosie smirks in the direction of Kitty. "Yes, I know the saying too. It's kind of trite."
"But no less true."

{Word Count: 736 | 11794}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:39 am

"Why..." came the quiet and broken voice from around the tree in between the sniffles and shudders. Seresana had not only actually heard Rosie's voice, it'd practically cut through the noise in her own head, for better or worse. "Why," the question came again as Seresana's head lifted slightly, her hands coming away from her ears some but the shuddering hadn't stopped in the slightest. Then suddenly Seresana's head whipped around to look directly at Rosie, fixing the taller girl with a hard stare and grit teeth. The look though was only for a second before the anger just shattered and Seresana was back to her upset and tear-stricken expressions. "Why'd you have to make me lie!," she said with something close to a wail while letting her head fall back onto her hands. "I didn't want to, but you asked about the dome and I didn't want to but I had to make that dome because of Sylvan, but then you asked about it and I... I had to say that, or something because, because... because I can't tell you! But you're my friend and I want to tell you, but I promised and I don't want to lie to you, but I... I'm being a bad friend!," Seresana exclaimed in between her cries of anguish.

"And now you know I lied to you and, and, and you won't believe me anymore. And now others will find out and then no one will trust me, and then I won't have any friends!" she added with more cries through her tears. Apparently done with the immediate stream of fear admission, Seresana pulled her legs in close to where she could rest her head on her knees and fold her arms around her head while she continued to softly cry. The shuddering finally diminishing as the crying got focus.

Word Count: 309
Total: 8,204
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 1:22 am

Rosie's eyes get wide at the accusation that she'd forced Sera to lie, too surprised to be offended, and she began to open her mouth to reply when Sera continued on from that point, and Rosie's expression turns from surprised with a light touch of offense, to concern at her anguish and then finally to a genuinely sad expression.
"Oh dear," Kitty says, sitting in the dirt next to Sera. "She's... really, really upset isn't she?"
"That's quite the understatement. I think she's... devastated."
"And an understatement from you. Should we keep the game of understating how hurt and sad she is going, or do something about it?"
"I'm... not really sure how to help here..."
"That's why you have a hallucination to act like the walking talking manifestation of your deeply-repressed human side." Kitty's grin softens to a confident smile. I'll talk to her, if you prefer. Or you can just repeat what I say; either works."
"Considering you were the one nudging me towards hurting her..."
"...it's now my responsibility to do something about it."
Rosie mentally sighs. "I'm willing to try it. Don't make me regret that."
Outwardly, Rosie sighs and scoots around the tree, reaching out to lightly touch Sera on the shoulder, ascertaining if it's OK to scoot in closer. Then she seems to decide to just go for broke and hugs the weeping girl against her, patting the back of her head as she does. "You didn't do anything wrong, Sera," she says with uncharacteristic gentleness. "I've read a lot of scrolls, some of them using history to explain a jutsu. I know that there are jutsu that are forbidden entirely, that are considered too powerful or too easy to abuse. I know that there are jutsu tied to bloodlines, and that the families tied to those jutsus are fiercely and dangerously protective of their special techniques. If your dome was any ordinary jutsu, you would tell me, so it is either forbidden, or a jutsu you were taught that you must keep a secret for your own good.
"If i was to guess, it's a jutsu of the latter kind. I know of no forbidden jutsu that involve snow and ice, so I don't think it's one of those." She pats Sera's back gently. "Sera, I want you to know that you did the right thing when you lied to me. You cannot allow anyone to know that you can do the jutsu, or they will guess where it comes from, and will speak of it to someone else. That's why I told you to learn to lie better, Sera: if you have to lie, and you do have to lie, much smarter shinobi than me will notice if you're not good at lying. Serasena, you are my friend; a lie will not change that, especially a lie that you must tell for your own good, and the good of whoever taught you the jutsu. I would be a very bad friend if I refused to forgive you for making the right choice, even if lying is a wrong thing."
Rosie takes Sera by one of the hands and gently pulls it away from her head. She then slips a hand in and under Sera's chin to raise her eyes to look directly into Rosie's and there would be the briefest moment when Rosie's eyes are golden like a fox's, barely enough for Sera to see but certainly long enough for he to be sure she saw it, before Rosie's eyes are normal again. "Everyone has secrets, and little lies they have to tell, but..." She smiles, genuine. "...I still trust you completely, Sera. Utterly, and completely."

{Word Count: 614 | 12408}
Back to top Go down
Zen
Admin
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Seresana's lightly shuddering and shivering form does little as Rosie has her mental debate, and for possibly one of the first times ever, Seresana actually felt cold. This alien feeling wasn't just from the ice and snow all around her or the freezing winds that gently tugged at her hair, but of the feeling and fear of being alone. The world seemed to darken with this cold, but before Seresana could fall too far into this darkness she felt Rosie's gentle touch on her shoulder. Out of reflex, Seresana's form recoiled ever-so-slightly but not enough to throw the hand off or enough to put her out of reach of what was to come next. The hug brought forth an unexpected gasp from Seresana as her tear-stricken eyes widened by the embrace.

Seresana tried to listen to Rosie's words as she spoke, but Seresana's attention kept getting pulled away by the warmth of the embrace. It chased away the cold that surrounded her and as Rosie continued to explain and comfort her, Seresana's shivering and shuddering gradually stopped. Then she felt Rosie's hands moving one of her's before lifting Seresana's chin up to look right at Rosie. Seresana hadn't been expecting it or the warmth in Rosie's expression and out of reflex, a bit of a blush bloomed on Seresana's face just before Seresana's still moist eyes spy the curious color shift. That last admission from Rosie got a bit of a strained expression as a reaction, but it was still a smile that was being strained. Seresana didn't respond with words, but rather just lowered her head back down and wrapped her own arms around Rosie, pulling the much taller shinobi somehow closer into Seresana's own tightly hugging embrace. She squeezed and held tightly onto Rosie, not wanting to the feeling of warmth to disappear. In fact, Seresana found she was quite finished with the cold as a whole today and wished to be someplace warm. "Ro-Rosie, do you wanna come over to my house for some hot chocolate?" Seresana asked, her voice still shaking a little from how upset she'd been earlier, but sounding much less sad than she had been just mere moments ago.

Word Count: 367
Total: 8,571
Back to top Go down
DualThrone

DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 pm

As Sera hugs her close and buries her face in her chest, Rosie lets her chin rest lightly atop her diminuitive friend's head. To the warm, close embrace, she adds gently patting Sera on the back, quietly encouraging her embrace and consoling her at the same time.
"She's very... huggy."
"I just told her that it's alright, that she was right to lie, that I'm her friend, and that I trust her," Kitty says with a smile, invisibly hugging Sera from behind and nuzzling at each side of her neck with her elegantly pointed vulpine muzzle. "I brought her in from the cold she'd put herself in. Of course she wants to hug, even sort of snuggle into a hug: it's cold outside, and her friend Rosie is warm."
In her head, Rosie is silent for several moments. "You're... very good at this, Kitty."
"I'm the side of you that's passionate, silly, blatant, lustful, shameless, irreverent, smiling, happy, gentle, and kind." Kitty stands from the hug and gives Rosie a bow. "This is what I do and as your sole long-time very loyal schizophrenic hallucination, I'm happy to serve. Especially because it involves Sera feeling better and the joys of hot chocolate."
"Hot chocolate would be great, Sera." Kitty-through-Rosie says with a smile. "And you haven't spoken a lot of your parents so I'd be delighted to meet them."
"If it is a familial jutsu like it seems to be, I imagine that going home with her could get slightly... uncomfortable."
"Oh, stuff and nonsense!" Kitty laughs. "Any parent subtle enough to teach her such things without being seen to do it would be subtle and careful enough to play at it being nothing of consequence and innocently ask if Sera had fun, and who's her friend, and all sorts of other normal parental unit things. You know, assuming this is all a parental thing. It could just as easily not be and our friend is far more powerful and clever than we can even imagine." She pauses, thoughtful. "Actually, I rather like that idea. Sera as a powerful shinobi is really neat, as well as irredeemably adorable."
"Power is... adorable." Rosie takes advantage of Sera not being able to see her at that moment to give Kitty a skeptical look.
"Sera is adorable. If the fates align, she will be powerful too. Power equals Sera and Sera equals power. Ergo, power is adorable." Kitty beams. "I can math!"
"...that makes no sense."
"The formulation?"
"No, that sentence. 'Math' isn't an action in and of itself. So you don't math, you do math."
"I'm a kitsune. So I math as well as do math."
"...words fail."

{Word Count: 446 | 12854}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?   Do you wanna build a snowman? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nindo Beginning :: Shinobi World :: Fire Country :: Konoha-
Jump to: